Options for Fixing Tubular Breasts?

I'm 22 years old with tubular breasts and I'm considering having them fixed. What are my options if I don't want to get breast implants? What are the common side effects of having breast implants for my case?

Fixing tubular breasts

+2

Patients can get very nice results with tubular breast correction surgery. It is important for the patient not to expect too large a size, in my opinion, or the tightness of the lower pole of the breast can cause problems, or incur great risk to the patient regarding nipple blood circulation as the surgeon attempts to release the tight lower pole.

The surgery for tubular breasts is designed to minimize the droopiness, the asymmetry and the size differences. With asymmetry, an implant is usually necessary.

Great experience and a conservative attitude will usually get the patient the best, longest lasting result with the least amount of risk to the sensation and blood supply of the breast and nipple-areolar area.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/breastliftprocedure.php

Tubular breasts

+1

Without an exam it is hard to say what you could benefit from. But in general, patients need breast implants to augment the lower pole.

Correction of Tubular Breast Deformity

+1

Tubular breast deformity is defined by a narrow, constricted breast base with the breast tissue herniated into the nipple areolar complex resulting in a much larger areola and and overall "snoopy nose" look. The condition is often unilateral and thus surgery is used to create some symmetry.

The surgery involves making radial cuts in the breast tissue to allow it to expand, lowering the inframammary fold (if it's high), lifting and reducing the areola. Typically implants are needed because tubular breasts are often unilateral and the implant is needed to match the contralateral breast.

In addition without the implants the radial cuts made in the breast tissue will not allow the breast to expand as they will just heal back together.

Web reference: http://www.hessplasticsurgery.com/zenphoto/breast/tubular-breast-deformity/

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous (also referred to as tubular or constricted) breast deformity: correction & use of implants

+1

SEE VIDEO BELOW FOR BEFORE AFTER PICTURES:

The hallmarks of tuberous (not really tubular) breasts and things to be addressed when planning surgical correction are:

1. narrow base diameter (best treated with an implant, radial relaxing incisions)
  2. herniating breast parenchyma (radiating relaxing incisions)
  3. enlarged nipple areolar complex (best managed with circumareolar mastopexy type incision)

Proceeeding with an implant you will likely treat conditions 1, 2 & 3. However, you may not experience satsifactory correction of condition number 1 without the implant.

In severe tuberous breast deformity, an implant may not have satisfactory tissue coverage resulting in visibility (breast on an implant "look"), double bubble deformity or "snoopy" breast, as well as bottoming out.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-asymmetry.html

See board-certified plastic surgeons for tubular breast correction

+1

As the other excellent posters have stated there are options, but over the internet very hard to determine the degree of constriction and the location on the breasts. The best advise is to see 3 boarded Plastic Surgeons, who have done tubular constricted breasts reconstruction. Even better see if the can arrange an interview with a post operative patient, one on one.

I tell my patients that they MAY need up to 3 operations to correct these issues. Best of luck!

Options for fixing Tuberous (aka Tubular) breasts

+1

Tuberous breasts are asymmetric breasts whose bases are constricted forcing the areola to be wide and herniated. Various forms of tuberous breasts exist, the classical appearance has been termed a Snoopy Dog Nose deformity.

Full correction of the deformity requires a release of the constriction along the base (which acts much like the twine rope holding Christmas tree branches close to the trunk. As soon as those are released the breast tissue springs out and assumes a more conical form). The areola may need to be reduced in diameter and if the breast are small and asymmetrical in diameter a breast augmentation is usually done at the same time.

The risks of a breast augmentation done as part of a tuberous breast deformity is NOT greater than those we routinely do.

Good Luck.

Tubular breast treatment options depend on your particular situation

+1

Depending on the degree of the tubular breast that you have one options might be to tighten the skin around the areola to reduce the prominence, flatten the breast, and reduce the diameter of the areola. Be aware however that this will probably make your breasts significantly smaller as well. This is where you can often get the benefit of a breast implant at the same time.

The issue after having breast implants for your tubular breasts is how the final shape might turn out. It often takes at least 6 months for the breast to take on its final shape. The doctor often needs to make incisions on the inside of the breast tissue to get it to flatten out over the top of the implant so that the diameter of the breast is corrected.

All of this requires a face-to-face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Make sure to see photos of other tubulkar bresat patients he has taken care of.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon