Breast Still too Large, Will my Surgeon Change Size After 2yrs?

I'm still really self concious about my breast size after 2 yrs. I told my surgeon my breast was to big after sugery and he stated the swelling would go down. I asked for C's & I'm a double DD. Started out as a 34B. I must admit I have not put up much of fuss about my breast because truly I didn't want to go back to surgery,I feared upsetting him and I truly thought, I would grow to like them. I dont. Breast causing back pain & I'm very sef consious about them. 304cc/smooth,round,subglandular

Breast too large

+1

I would be honest with your surgeon and ask to be made smaller.It would be  asimple out patient procedure.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Too Large 2 years after implant placement.

+1

Don't worry about upsetting your plastic surgeon!

We (cosmetic plastic surgeons) all make every effort to provide care that makes our patients satisfied & comfortable with their results.

2 years after your surgery, you might see if your plastic surgeon can accomodate an implant exchange to a smaller size with an adjusted fee. He is probably unaware that the 'swelling' really never went down, despite the time that has passed since your last visit.

I make every effort to address implant size issues before the actual operation. Our patients try on implants in bras at the office and select the size that they are comfortable with. This is not a 100% solution to size selection issues, but it is rare to have a patient find the size unacceptable.

Best regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Patient feels too large after her augmentation

+1

Either removing your implants or placing smaller ones would be an appropriate solution. 

There are no fixed definitions for cup sizes, but in my experience a 304 cc implant should not give a 3 cup size increase. I hate making size predictions to my patients. I do have them try on implants at the consult and pre-op visits, and this has been very helpful in picking implant size 

If you are a reader of questions and responses in these pages, you will occasionally see estimates of 200 to 250 cc of implant per cup size. 

You should not feel badly about returning to your surgeon. We all want our patients to have the outcome they are pleased with.

Thanks and best wishes.

Breast augmentation revision

+1

Revision of a breast augmentation to reduce the overall volume can be performed.  A smaller implant may be the solution but a formal exam is key.

Downsizing of Breast Implants?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination, your plastic surgeon should be able to downsize your breast implants for you. Keep in mind that 304 mL implants aren't really large breast implants,  making me think that  much of your  breast size (DD) is native breast tissue. In my opinion, to see a significant change in your breasts you will probably need to downsize at least 100 mL on each side;  maybe you should consider removal of breast implants altogether and/or breast lifting if indicated.

I would suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon;  communicate your goals clearly.