One Breast Implant is Sore and Hard

Right Breast is sore an hard, like a baseball when I lie down. Left breast feels great. 3 month post-op When laying down right breast is very hard like baseball, plus in the morning is very very sore..Left breast looks an feels great..Post-op breast size E Pre-op G's.. Size is great, just right breast is high, hard and sore.

Talk to your surgeon about capsular contracture

+1
Please see your surgeon as soon as you can about capsular contracture. This is thickening of the scar tissue that forms around the implants inside your body. When severe, it can squeeze the implant, causing your breast to become misshapen and painful.

One Breast Implant is Sore and Hard

+1

Your photos are suggestive of a capsular contracture (Baker Class 3) effecting your right breast but this also could be a hematoma. Your surgeon is your best reference source for this question. 

Pain in breast

+1

A tight firm breast after implants is more likely a capsular contracture at this point. You should get checked out by your doctor to be sure.

Untreated hematoma after breast augmentation will lead to pain and deformity.

+1

Hi.

Of course, I don't know what happened to you, but your photo suggests that you had a hematoma in your right breast after breast implants.  In a sense it does not matter, because there is nothing to do now.  I would wait about three more months, and then do a revision breast augmentation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Capsular contracture treatment

+1

You have an early cc and will need surgical revision and implant replacement.  Discuss this with your doctor and get it done as soon as convenient as this will not get better on its own.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast firmness and asymmetry 3 months after augmentation

+1

You appear to have an early capsular contracture on the right side that most likely will not soften too much without some form of revision. It is possible you had some bleeding around the implant after surgery or some trauma to it which certainly can happen. I would recommend you continue to follow-up with you plastic surgeon so that you can come up with a plan.

Dr Ewdards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS