What to Do to Help Breast Soften Up and Even Out?

Hello Drs- I am 3 weeks post-op from a breast revision on the right(with lots of pocket work due to multiple surgeries before) and a capsulectomy on the left.The left had soften overnight around 10 days post op,while the right IMF seems to have risen up about 3mm at the same time..when compare to the left, the right is tight,not exactly hard,but tight.Should I be concerned? Any chance that the two breasts will even out eventually?What can I do to help even out without disrupting the pocket work?

Pretty good result!

+2

Hi!

I think that given all the details of your history, your scars, and your thin tissues, you look OK.  This is pretty much your final result, and manipulation,  massage, etc will not help and may hurt.  Your right breast is just higher, and you probably should accept this.   Really, you could have done a lot worse.  Good luck!

Softening breasts after augmentation

+2

Normally I advise women to start manipulating the implant in the pocket a few days after having breast implants to keep the pocket open and hopefully prevent early tight capsule formation.  This basically involves moving the implant by firmly placing pressure with our hand for about ten seconds in every direction (up, down, toward the center of your chest and out) three times per day.  After one month I recommend once a day for the rest of your life.   If you've had extensive capsule work I would not recommend starting so soon however after three weeks it should be fine.  You should always check with your plastic surgeon to be sure.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry post breast revision surgery

+1

Some asymmetry, after revisionary surgery, is to be expected at this point in time of your recovery. It is best for you to consult your plastic surgeon and follow their post-op instructions for your specific case. Their instructions will likely depend on what type of work was done on each breast.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

Some asymmetry in implant position is normal after surgery, and often this will improve with time. Although massage may help in some cases, you should not begin any additional treatment without consulting with you plastic surgeon first.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD