One Breast Smaller Than Other (2 Weeks Post Op) 300cc Silicone Submuscular Areola? (photo)

L breast is bigger than my R breast. My R breast is smaller and I’m not sure if it is because it hasn’t dropped. I am Right handed. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with how the muscle releases. I have perfect movement on my L arm but my R arm still strained when I move it sometimes. Which side looks like its dropped? Does the breast get bigger when it drops because I hear that it gets smaller, that’s why I believe that my R has already dropped. Also my right nipple is puffy and pointy why?

Breast asymmetry at 2 weeks will likely improve

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. From your photographs it appears the right breast is slower to drop into its final position then is the left side. 2 weeks is far too early to worry about this.

Ask your surgeon if breast implant displacement exercises will help. The last photograph looks good to me and I predict you will have a good result which will be evident after 6 weeks to 12 weeks.

Early in healing after BA

+1

You are very early in the process. You would be surprised at how things look after the healing process is complete. I would advise you to wait before making any judgements. Keep following closely with your PS.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

It takes time to show symmetry following a breast augmentation

+1

It is very early to start picking apart your result.   Once your muscle stretches out  I would imagine that your symmetry will improve.  Continue to follow your plastic surgeons instructions for massage.   Most patients will show an improvement in symmetry over the first 6 - 8 weeks.  Good luck with your recovery,  DR. Z

2 weeks post-op is very early

+1

At this stage of healing there is no way to accurately assess size, symmetry, or even breast position.  Everything will change drastically over the next month.  The best thing now is to be patient, listen to your surgeon, and wait for settling and resolution of swelling to occur in about a month.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Asymmetry at 2 weeks...

+1

Hi and thanks for your post. I answered a question for you last night too about your areola/nipple. That tells me that you're looking at your breasts way too much and need to give it a break! Each breast will heal differently and each day things will change. You will get too stressed out about your surgery results and that's not healthy for you. Talk to your surgeon's office for reassurance. So far things look good. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Two weeks post-op breast augmentation

+1

At two weeks out from breast augmentation, it is too early to see the final results. Both implants look high in the pictures.

Too early for results

+1

It is too early in your recovery to determine your final look.  Just allow your body to heal and follow your surgeon's instructions for post operative care.  You will continue to notice changes to your breasts over the next several weeks, even months.  Rest easy and let your body heal.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

2 Weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

Don't spend any more time worrying about your symmetry - things will change daily at this point.  The breasts do NOT know about each other during the implant dropping and while the swelling goes down, so they are not on the same schedule!  It takes a full month for the implants to drop down into the right location and then it takes 3 months for the breasts to get soft and look and feel like natural breasts.  Until this time, your breasts will look different.  The same thing is true for the nipple bulging.  You look great - so hang in there!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

One Breast Smaller Than Other (2 Weeks Post Op) 300cc Silicone Submuscular Areola?

+1

Again very early to be sooo concerned due to swelling can decrease at differing time frames. Appears as you did not have an understood pre operative informed consent. Maybe best for you to return to your chosen surgeon for explanations of healing after implant surgery so you are at peace and not worrying. 

Right Breast Uneven after Augmentation

+1

Dear Caliheart,

From your photos, it is very difficult to say if your implants have dropped yet or if one has dropped more than the other.  It takes months, not weeks for the breasts to assume their final shape after augmentation.  The right and left breasts also may move at their individual pace and speed.  If your surgeon used the same size implants on both sides, then after the swelling resolves, the breasts will be similarly proportioned as they were pre-op.  Lastly, often why subtle asymmetries appear bigger than they are to the patient is the unique view you have of your breasts, from above which tends to over emphasize the upper breast.  At this stage, it appears you will have a good result but of course if you have questions, ask your plastic surgeon, they do want to hear from you if you are concerned or worried.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon