One Breast Smaller and Lower then the Other? (photo)

I had surgery done a month ago, and so far, I am far from happy with the results. They do not look like normal breast. First, they look too far apart, like there drifting apart from each other, the right one is way bigger then the other, and the left one seems to sit lower and its smaller! Whats going on, I also had a small hemorrhage on my right, which the surgeon had to open up stiches and drain blood, very painful expirience, is this normal? I have HP filled to 360cc and weight 97 pounds.

Early to tell after augmentation but...

+2

You are not fully healed after your augmentation, but your result shows some of the challenge with a fiull high profile implant on a small frame such as yours. Your photo does show the implants to sit low or 'bottomed out' witht the point of projection below the nipple. The space between is not uncommon with a high profile and lesser breast coverage. Wait until healed and use good support.

Still early for final results

+2

It is very difficult to give a good answer with out seeing your pre operative results. But you are correct about the breast looking different. It is still early in the recovery period and almost always one breast swells more the the other. The implants may drift to the side when the anatomy of your chest bone creates a protruding sternal bone which places the breast more laterally another cause is if the pockets were made to laterally.

I would recommend to wait at least 6 months and then decide with your surgeon if a revision will be necessary.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry one montn after surgery

+1

You do have some asymmetry and wide cleavage .It is way to early to fully assess.

You should be re evaluated in about three to six months.Until then a support bra with aditional starpping to bring the implants closes and higher may be of benefit

If the problem persists,you may need revisional surgery which could include replacement with moderate plus implants having a wider base diameter,it may  also be advisable to even go smaller.

The pocket may need to be opened medially and superiorly with inferior and lateral support ,this may include mesh for additional supporti

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Dissatisfaction with breast augmentation.

+1

Breast changes following augmentation can take 3 months before the final appearance takes hold. Often, the breasts will change at different rates which can lead to one breast appearing larger than the other during the early healing period. You have a tight appearance to the breasts which is common with high profile implants. Also, the separation of your breasts is really a combination of the narrower based implants and the natural anatomy of your chest wall. The implants do appear to be a bit low and this may require revision if it persists after the breasts heal. I recommend giving thing time and if your issues persist in a few months from now, having a discussion with your plastic surgeon as to your options.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implants and issues

+1

Some of what you are describing is related to your anatomy. There will be differences betweent he two breasts. Preop photos would have been helpful.  Either way, you need to give them time to heal , and if you are not happy, a revision can be done.

Breast Asymmetry In Early Post-Op Period

+1

Based on the photos your concerns are valid.  While the right breast is clearly larger than the left, this may be due to your post-op hemorrhage and thus increased swelling versus the left breast.  The wide spacing can be a result of your chest wall anatomy.  If your sternum is prominent the implants can have a tendency to fall to the side.  Creating a bit more cleavage and closing the pocket on the outside of the breasts may be helpful down the road.  Also, both breasts appear to be positioned a bit too low and by bringing the breast fold (Inframammary crease) a bit higher may better centralize your nipple-areola (which represents the most prominent projecting point on your breast) in the middle.

All of these decision should wait until at least 6 months post-op to allow enough time for the healing process and swelling to subside.

Best wishes with your recovery! 

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

In most cases assessing results after a month in difficult but here there are clearly a few things to note:

The fold under the right breast is too low (it looks like the fold anatomy was over-dissected);

The implants are too far apart (are these under the muscle?).

I would suggest a tight jogging bra for the next 6 weeks and then re-evaluate the results.  If things are not improved to the point that you are happier then a revision will be required.  A likely revision plan would include reconstruction of the right inframammary fold and better release of the medial pockets bilaterally.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Results of Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. 

At this stage in your recovery, it is much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery. You will find that the appearance of the breasts  will continue to change over the course of the next several months. In the meantime, I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you and to rule out complications.

I would suggest calm communication with your plastic surgeon expressing your questions and concerns.