Breast Small After Augmentation(4 Days Post Op)? (photo)

I am four days post op. I had a silicone breast augmentation under the muscle 325 ccs. When I tried on the 325 sizers before surgery they looked very large and I assumed I would achieve a large C cup or small Dcup. However, after the surgery my breasts look so small, a large B cup at most. I started out at a 36 A. Everything I read says that they should appear larger and swollen after surgery. Are they going to shrink more, and why are they so small? Please help.

Breasts Too Small after Breast Augmentation?

+2

It is much too early to evaluate and results of surgery at this point. You should be aware that there are often “disappointments” with the results of  breast augmentation (too big or too small)  early after surgery;  these disappointments often resolve as patients adjust to their new “body image”.  Also, you will find that your breasts will change significantly over the course of the next few months.

Preoperatively, 
I suggest to all my patients that they concentrate on achieving a certain “look”, not a specific cup size, with their breast augmentation surgery.  In other words, my patients know not to base their communication and/or level of satisfaction with the results of surgery based on an arbitrary cup size that will vary from one bra store to another. Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant.  

Again, in my opinion, it is best to set your goals and  level of satisfaction with the results of surgery,  on achieving a certain look/proportionality,  not a specific cup size.
After you have waited a few months to see the final results of surgery,  don't be surprised if you are pleased with the results of surgery (regardless of cup size).  If not, communicate your questions and concerns calmly with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Implant sizers and results

+1

Hi, the result you see when trying sizers on is always deceiving as you will look bigger than you would after surgery, when using the same size implant. if you liked what you saw when trying the 325 sizers, I would have recommended a larger size to achieve that result, like 375 for example. that said, it is still too soon to realize how you will look like after the swelling goes away and the implants settle down and the skin relaxes over the implants. you may actually end up liking the 325s afterall. if you dont after a few months, i recommend you follow up with your surgeon for best advise.

Web reference: http://www.hallakplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-san-diego/

Cup Disappointment after Breast Augmentation

+1

Post-Breast Augmentation size disappointment is not uncommon and is associated with unrealistic patient expectations and ineffective education of and interaction with the woman before the breast augmentation. Tragically, women communicate breast dimensions by referring to CUP SIZES.But as all women know, there is NO consistent cup size acrossd all bra drands. As a result a C in a Victoria's Secret will NOT be a C in a Maidenform, Goddess etc. Since there is no standard, cup size discussions are grossly inaccurate and often misleading. Moreover, EVERY woman has built in assymetric breasts with different volume, different location on the rib cage and often differing chest wall flatform on which the breasts rest.

Using implant sizers OVER the breasts, in the bra, offers an inaccurate (often exaggerated) estimate on how the augmented breasts may look using such implants (under the breasts and chest wall muscles). Using rice bags is an even more inaccurate way of choosing the proper implants and guessing their after-surgery bra cup sizes.

In my opinion, the best way to come close to seeing what you may look like with ANY breast implant on the US market is to be seen by a Board-certified Plastic Surgeon who uses the VECTRA 3D imaging system by Canfield. The computer camera obtains high-definition 3D images of your torso and can them place ANY implant you want allowing you to undergo 3D VIRTUAL BREAST AUGMENTATION where you can easily see how each implant may look IN you BEFORE having your surgery. This allows a FAR more accurate understanding of what you may look like before going to the operating room.

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Breast Size after Augmentation

+1

Sizing for breast augmentation is very important and not as easy as many think. It is much more than just putting an implant in your bra and picking it. The doctor must consider how it will look different inside, and how healing will affect the size.  Most of the time, you need to go up about 50cc from what you "like" in your bra, to get that look after the surgery. If you were A cup before the surgery, I think 325cc implant will only increase you about 1 full cup size, or make you a mid-full B cup.  Without seeing pre-op photos, I can't say for sure, but you probably neede more like a 425 to get you to a C cup.

Implants and final appearance

+1

Implants of different volumes look different on different people. I choose the appropriate implant based upon the anatomy and the desires of the patient.

Implant size

+1
In a compressive bra of the type you are wearing, it is impossible to tell how large the breasts actually are. Please post frontal and lateral views without a bra so that we can make intelligent assessments of the size and proportion. Thanks.

Caution, choose your look, not the implant size

+1

If only it were so easy, just pop an implant into your bra and if you see what you like, read the number and the perfect result every time. If you liked '325' then it can be difficult to ask your surgeon why you did not reach the fuller cup size or the look you wanted. Choose the look and show your surgeon what you expect, and of course choose a surgeon who will listen and has the experience to make the correct call.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Less Than Expected Breast Size After Augmentation

+1

If your breasts appear too small just four days after surgery, then it is a certainty that they will be so later. With an expectation of a full C or even a D cup, your current perception of being just a B cup indicates that you would really need to have at least 450cc to 500cc in the future to achieve that goal. Preoperative sizing is a very helpful step but it is not perfect. Not everyone looks in real life what they looked like in sizers before.

Web reference: http://www.eppleybreastaugmentation.com

Breast Small After Augmentation(4 Days Post

+1

With the covered side view posted photo very hard to advise. But it seems as if you and your chosen surgeon were NOT on the same page. Sorry for that. Yes the implanted breasts immediately after surgery are swollen and appear larger. thus, you do in deed have an issue. Best to allow a few months of healing before increasing the implant size. 

Breast small after augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon that patients can feel differently about the size of the breast right after surgery. My advice for you is be patient, communicate your concerns with your plastic follow all the post operative instruction. Overtime, when the breast implant settle, after six months you can reevaluate the size and shape with your plastic surgeon.