Different Breast Size, Shape, Direction, Scar and Healing, Will They Get Even? (photo)

3 months po breast lift w/out implant still swollen and tender to the touch. However, my biggest concern is that at 3 mo. po my breasts look totally different from each other. Right breast is beautiful Full, round, nipple looks straight & round. The left is bigger, square looking, oval nipple slightly looking to the sky, with something weird looking going on in the lower corner (below the arm pit). The right breast also seems to have a small seroma, lower right (below the arm pit). Advice?

Consult with Surgeon Before Revision

+1

I would recommend scheduling a follow up appointment with your doctor and if results do not improve, he may need to do a revision at 6 months post-op.  If he's not comfortable doing a revision, perhaps you should consult with another board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast lift surgery.

Revision after Breast Lift

+1

A revision after breast lift can be performed at about 6 months or so to reduce the areola and the NAC to IMF distance if necessary.

Breast asymmetry after a lift

+1

At three months it is a bit early to do a revision. Yes, the one breast is somewhat larger and of a different shape. This most likely can be revised to address the asymmetry, but I would wait a few more months.

Different Breast Size, Shape, Direction, Scar and Healing After Breast Lift

+1

I would wait until 6 months after your surgery for the scar tissue to settle and mature, and then a relatively simple scar revision involving primarily excision of the excess and irregular skin of the lower breasts would be helpful in achieving a more symmetrical result. 

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Will My Breasts Even Out?

+1

Thank you very much for the photos.  Overall you appear to have a very nice result.  The asymmetry that I note is at the bottom of the left breast.  After 4-6 months (and you are almost there), removing an ellipse of skin from the bottom of the left breast will improve your symmetry significantly.  This can usually be done in your doctor's office under local anesthesia.

Best Wishes with your recovery!!!

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will They Get Even?

+1

With the exception of the lower pole, these actually look pretty even, and a good improvement over the before status, which is also  not symmetric. The photos are very helpful, but no substitute for an in person evaluation. 

After all the scars are settled (usually at 6 months or so) this can probably be improved by having your surgeon remove an ellipse of skin in the area of the breast fold. This should correct the lower pole of the breast which is what is contributing to many of the  items on your list of complaints. 

As far as seroma, this also needs an in person evaluation. Advice--see your surgeon, express the points of disatisfaction.

Thanks and best wishes.