Possible to Enhance Breasts with Hormones That Mimic Breastfeeding?

When I was breastfeeding both times (2 children) my size A went to a size C and I was very happy. After a year I quit and they shrunk back to a size A but seem saggy and smaller than before. Is there any treatment that Mimics the milk ducts engorging? so its natural looking? I would love breast implants but its a lot of money and I worry there would be problems. Is there a hormone treatment that makes you body mimic the breast growth?

+1
There are no safe/effective foods,medications, creams, herbs, or nonsurgical methods to significantly increase breast size. Be careful about believing heavily marketed “miracles" that you will undoubtedly read/hear about.  Best wishes.

+1

There is a drug in Canada called Domeperidone that has been used to induce lactation but I am not aware of its use here or the side effects. Prolactin could

Hormone therapy to enlarge breasts?

+1

While it is possible physiolocially, I would not recommend it.  This is because the increased level of hormones to elicit the response may increase the risk of hormone affected tumors.

Hormones a poor choice for breast enhancement

+1

Hi there-

If you are concerned about the costs and risks of having implants, you need to understand that you would in NO way be safer or even be saving money to pursue hormonal treatment for artificial engorgement of your breast tissue.

Even if you got the breast volume you wanted from this technique, it would be very expensive, painful (remember how your breasts felt when they were swollen during pregnancy?), and dangerous...

The prolonged exposure to these hormones will over time increase your risk of cancer, among other health problems...

NOT a good idea...

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Hormones for breast enhancement

+1

It is probably possible, but I'd strongly advise against any patient using hormones for the sole purpose of breast enhancement.  The main issue is that these hormones can increase your risk of breast cancer, so it would not make sense to take a risk like this for a cosmetic reason.  You can also discuss with your OB-Gyn.  Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Hormonal Breast Enlargement

+1

Although it is possible to achieve breast enlargement with hormonal manipulation, this is a slippery slope which is best to avoid.  Certain breast cancers are strongly hormone related and prolonged use of hormones could at least thoretically lead to the development of a breast cancer.

John Whitt, MD

Hormonal mediated Breast Enlargement

+1
Female hormones are associated with both beneficial and very undesirable effects. While they give women feminine hour glass fat distribution, softer skin, lower blood pressure and heart and brain protective effects among many others they are also associated with serious unwanted effects. They result in breast gland growth resulting in breast growth as well as for breast cancer. They result in much higher rates of blood clots and pulmonary embolism and higher rates of uterine cancer. I would seriously advise you not to turn to female hormones for cosmetic breast enlargement.

Very unwise to try to enlarge breasts with medications.

+1

Hi.

1)  Birth control pills slightly enlarge the breasts of some women.  But, in general, anything you take by mouth does not work and may be dangerous.

2)  You can have breast augmentation (with or without breast lift) at the plastic surgery clinic of a teaching hospital for very low cost.  In New York City, we run such a clinic at Lenox Hill Hospital.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Hormones are not a solution to enhancing breast size

+1

Breast development does depend on normal levels of estrogen and progesterone secreted by the ovary at the time of puberty. The breast engorgement that you have enjoyed after pregnancy is maintained by prolactin, a hormone secreted by the pituitary and maintained by the stimulation of breast feeding itself. High prolactin levels can cause breast engorgement and lactation, however there are side affects which are very troubling, such as loss of libido, headache, vaginal dryness, infertility. Prolactin is not an appropriate way to enlarge the breast.

Best of luck.