Breast Size and Weight Fluctuation. Will I Get My Breasts Back If I Gain Weight?

I recently spent some time in Europe and upon coming back to the U.S. it came to my attention that I had lost weight. I didn't intent to because I wasn't overweight to begin with and, as I am a bit too thin now, I intent to gain it back. I noticed that my breasts had gotten smaller and I want to know if gaining the weight back will return them to normal size as well?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Breast Size

+1

The breast is composed of gland tissue and fatty tissue. When you lose weight, it affects the breast as well and the breast gets smaller. The opposite occures when you gain weight.

Dr. Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast volume can fluctuate with weight changes

+2

Breasts are made of breast tissue (parenchyma) and fat.   So overall breast size and volume can fluctuate with significant weight changes.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Breast size can change with weight change.

+1

Breast size can change with weight change. If you are already planning on gaining weight, then gain the weight and see.  If your breasts haven't gotten to where you would like to be, then you can consider breast augmentation.

It is recommended that you be at the weight that you want to be at the time of surgery for the most predictable results.  If your weight changes significantly after surgery, then the results can be unpredictable.

Depot Fat In Breasts

+1

Some women's breast sizes mirror their body weight whereas in other women it does not.  It certainly sounds as if you are in first group and I would expect that, in your case, a gain in body weight would be accompanied by an increase in breast size.

Weight gain and breast size

+1

If you lost weight and you notice that the breasts have gotten smaller, then weight gain may restore the volume.

Weight gain effect on breast size

+1

Every persons has their own individualized fat distribution pattern. There are pear shapes that carry more fat on their hips and thighs. Others carry all of their weight in their midsection. You can almost certainly expect to gain weight back in the place you lost it.That would be your individual fat distribution tendencies. I would be greatly surprised if your breasts did not return to their pre weight loss size once you have regained your weight. 

Weight gain and breast size

+1
Yes, it is possible that if you gain weight, your breasts will increase in size. Everyone gains and loses weight differently and patients always complain that it doesn't go in the right places!