Will Insurance Cover Fixing Asymmetrical Breasts?

Hi I have very uneven breast one is a 40 DD and the other is a about a 36 C I am 23 and i wanted to know if a kentucky medical card would pay for a to have them fixed

Probably not

+1
You will have to consult your insurance provider to find out if your breast augmentation is covered. However, in general, the answer would be no unless it would resolve a physical impairment directly caused by your asymmetrical breasts, and breast augmentation is proven to be the most suitable treatment for you.

Will insurance cover correction of breast asymmetry?

+1

The answer is "it depends". It depends on your insurance plan, the actual asymmetry, and other factors. You should seek a consultation with a participating plastic surgeon and they can request coverage from your insurance company. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast asymmetry and insurance

+1

Without examining you it would be difficult to tell whether or not insurance may cover your reduction for the larger breast.  You should see someone in Kentucky who is on the plan.

Insurance coverage of breast asymmetry

+1

I am not certain about the insurance policies in Kentucky but your best option is to identify a participating surgeon who can perform an examination and submit a letter for predetermination of benefits. In many states, letter review is not available and you must pay prior to the procedure and then discover only after the surgery if the insurance will cover the procedure.

Insurance coverage of asymmetric breast surgery

+1

Coverage would depend on the language of your plan policy and whether or not the larger breasts is causing symptoms like back and neck pain. Your plan likely has coverage criteria such amount of tissue removed if the larger side is reduced and those would have to be met.

Aaron Stone, MD