I Got Breast Silicone Augmentation 5 Months Ago and Now I Lost Weight and my Breasts Seem to Get Smaller?

Breast size can change with weight

+1

It is not uncommon for breast size to change with weight loss or weight gain.  Some women notice this more than others.

Breast Size Decreases With Significant Weight Loss

+1

Hello. If a patient loses a significant amount of weight, a change in breast size is possible. The reason for this change is that the fat cells throughout the entire body shrink during weight loss, including the fat in the breasts surrounding the implants. If the change really bothers you, you may want to consider fat grafting to the breast to replace some of the volume that you lost. For the best advice, talk to your board certified plastic surgeon.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Weight loss and breasts

+1

Depending upon how much weight loss you had will determine the effect on your breasts. Certainly with alot of weight loss the breast can become smaller.

I Lost Weight and my Breasts Seem to Get Smaller

+1

The breast tissue under the skin is composed of breast tissue and adipose (fat) tissue. The actual breast tissue is under hormonal regulation and may get larger or smaller with hormonal changes. The adipose tissue will change with weight change, and that seems to be what your have observed. Some women have a great deal of breast volume change with weight change, some very little. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Smaller Breasts After Weight Loss?

+1

Great question!  A portion of the tissues that make up your breasts is fat tissue, and therefore weight fluctuations will commonly result in breast size changes.  Each person sees a different change in their breasts as their weight changes, so it is never predictable how large a change you might see.  The implants will not keep your breasts from changing size along with your weight fluctuations.  I hope this helps.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon