Why Are my Breasts Still Saggy 2 Months After Mastopexy / Implants?

I had 421cc silicone implants and a mostopexy performed on 1/12/11. My breast looked "perky" for 2 weeks. At 5wks I was diagnosed with a class II CC in my rt breast, at the time it had looked like my left breast had dropped more. It's not stopped dropping and now falls deep into my arm pit and when I lie down, it has a dent where the implant and the real breast tissue merge. Also, my nipples are less than an inch from the bottom of my breast. I need a better lift. Will I be charged? I hate them

Mastopexy Augmentation

+1

Thanks for posting your before and after pictures - it makes answering questions and giving advice much more meaningful and useful for other patients.  Based on your pictures, you looked like a good candidate for an augmentation and mastopexy.  Either along would not have given you the best results.  In the right hands, both procedures can be performed at the same time.  Others choose to either do the lift or the implants first and then several months later do the other procedure.  Now that your surgery is done, the best advice is to wait at least 3 to 6 months for the swelling to resolve and the tissues to settle.  However, I suspect that you may need additional lifting.  However, possibly the implants will settle in nicely and you will be very happy.  Only time will tell.

Good Luck.

Implants and lift

+1

I would wait several months beforer considering a revisoin.  It is too early to see what the final result will be. Often the implants will descend a bit and the nipple may not look as low as you think.

Breast Lift and Implants

+1

Breast lifting with simultaneous implants can be a challenging undertaking as many variables are put into play at the same time.

First, I would recommend no surgery until 6-12 months have passed from the initial procedure. This waiting period is important to see how the implant and the tissues will finally settle out.

At that point, one will have to assess the following: Is the implant in the proper vertical position i.e. centered behind the nipple/areola? Is there residual skin excess?

The simplest scenario would be a vertical lowering of your implants so they end up in anatomic alignment with the breast. This would be accomplished through a release of the capsule below, a relatively minor procedure.

Until then, remain patient and let your body heal fully before proceeding with further surgery.

Stephan Baker, MD