Breast Sagging - Will Implants Lift Nipples?

My nipple is at the level of the Inframammary fold, So i'm assuming thats grade I minor ptosis? Anyway with that being said would that be okay just to add some gel implants to give a slight lift with it being at that level?

Sagging breast - pictures are needed

+2

Sometimes implants alone will improve the sagging breast and sometimes not . A picture would be needed and an exam to determine what is best . The best is not the only option if a patient is OK with a little sagging after a lift this may be better than additional scaring.

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Minor ptosis corrections of the breast

+1

It may be very natural to simply add implants to your breast shape and to give you fuller breasts, but this will not lift the breasts directly, however.  If the nipples are slightly downturning you may be a good candidate for an areolar crescent lift, which would be performed through a limited incision over  the  areola and direct lifting by skin excision.  This in combination with an augmentation may be quite satisfactory for you.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Breast implants will not lift nipples.

+1

Breast implants will not raise the nipple placement.  It is hard to give you suggestions without a personal consultation or photos.  The best thing to do is to schedule a consultation.

Breast Implants do not Lift the Breast: Mastopexy or Breast Augmentation

+1

Breast implants do not lift the breast and the nipples. The only way to lift the nipple position is with a breast lift or mastopexy where the nipple is actually moved upwards to a new position. In mild ptosis or in pseudoptosis when the nipple is in good position a breast implant may fill out the lower half of your breast. Commonly, I run across the though that a larger implant will lift the breast which is number one: false and number two: difficult to correct. I would say if your nipple is at the infra-mammary fold then you would likely benefit from a breast lift however you should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated for this.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Implants are not a substitute for a lift.

+1

You sit on the fence between needing a lift or not.  In most of my patients, the nipple at the fold level is better treated with a periareolar lift and augmentation.  I show them photos of lifted and unlifted patients and they almost always prefer the more youthful look of the lifted breast and properly done the periareolar lift can be almost scarless.  The unlifted patient looks more matronly and lowering the fold to "fake" a lift opens the possibility of a double bubble deformity.  So, your's is a situation where you need to be clear with your doctor about what your expectations are and what it will take to make you happy.  If you don't do a lift now though, you can always do one later.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Lifting nipples with implants

+1

The short answer to your question is no. At least two answers already in seem to understand this and the rest are falling for the myth in my opinion. 

Breast implants to not lift the nipple-areola. They only fill out the breast like a pillow behind it which means the nipple-areola goes out or forward but not up to any significant degree. The reason it looks like the nipple-areola got lifted is because the lower part (pole) of the breast gets filled out and sometimes the inframammary crease is lowered, both of which make the nipple-areola look higher but it doesn't go up relative to the chest wall behind it. 

If you are a grade I ptosis with the nipple at the level of the inframammary crease, you don't need a lift and an augmentation is a simpler procedure with less scars that can simulate the look of a lifted breast unless and until your breasts truly sag in the future. Then you can consider a lift procedure. The minimum volume implant that will fit would make your breast look about a cup size larger. If this is acceptable then find a plastic surgeon who knows how to size and fit an implant properly so that it is centered behind the nipple and makes the breast look natural and lifted even if it isn't. 

In my opinion, the limit for how low a nipple can be before it's too low for an augmentation and a lift is necessary is when the nipple is 2 cm. below the level of the inframammary crease. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Minimal lift with implants alone

+1

As long as gravity is with us I doubt that an implant will lift any breast tissue long term........................would love to see your photos in an effort to make serious recs.   Perhaps a circuareolar mastopexy and an augmentation would work great .   Need to see photos and or measurements.  Be skeptical when someone tells you that an implant will "fill them up"  and   "lift your breasts". This almost always results in large saggy breasts.   Not a good look in most eyes..............

Grant Stevens, MD

Implants do not "lift" the breast, but you may get away without a lift anyway

+1

If your nipples are at the level of the breast crease, you MIGHT get away with just an implant to fill the skin envelope and pull the nipple complex up a little bit.  If you have pseudoptosis, though, with most of your breast tissue resting at or below the breast crease, then you may still need a true breast lift along with your implant.

You'll definitely need a personal consultation to get the correct answer to your question, as your skin quality and breast shape factor into the final decision.  Best wishes.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Implant will lift the nipple

+1

Hi 105449anon,

Yes an implant will lift the nipple.  Howevery, what is your overall goal?  To lift the nipple alone or do you want breast enlargement?  Do not have an implant just to lift the nipple.  Only have an implant if your primary goal is augmentation.  Your nipple does not sound that low.  If it bothers you, and you do not want augmentation, you could have a very simple mastopexy with just a crescent periareolar scar or possibly periareolar scar.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Breast Sagging - Will Implants Lift Nipples

+1

To directly answer the question, YES you may get a slight lift with a LARGE gel-silicone implant. But no photo posted very hard to be definitive. seek in person evaluations.