Will Breast Sag After Simultaneous Lipectomy / Abdominoplasty / Mastectomy?

1 Surgeon pro 3 procedures simultaneously. 1 Surgeon wholeheartedly against touching my breasts until abdominoplasty/liposculpture is stabilized. Acceletrated Metabolysm will cause a failed mastectomy ?? Thanks

Mastectomy or mastopexy?

+1

I fyou are having a mastectomy( breast removal for cancer), then I would not do other procedurs at the same time. If you are having a mastopexy( breastl lift) then you may be able to combine it with other procedures if you are healthy and they can be done in a reasonable amount of time.

Multiple procedure combinations: Are breast and tummy recommended together

+1

I am puzzled by your combination of procedures. Technically speaking after a mastectomy there is no breast tissue so there is nothing to sag. I assume you mean mastopexy for breast lift. Which in this case means you are looking at a "mommy makeover" which is a popular combination of procedures commonly performed.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Pros and Cons of Combining Tummy Tuck Liposuction with Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift

+1

Regarding: "Will Breast Sag After Simultaneous Lipectomy / Abdominoplasty / Mastectomy?
1 Surgeon pro 3 procedures simultaneously. 1 Surgeon wholeheartedly against touching my breasts until abdominoplasty/liposculpture is stabilized. Acceletrated Metabolysm will cause a failed mastectomy ?? Th
anks"

MASTECTOMY is the cutting off of a breast and is most commonly done for breast cancer. If this is the case, I would NOT do ANY Cosmetic Surgery procedures on you until your cancer had been treated. Operating on the tummy before would remove valuable breast reconstructive options.

If, on the other hand, you MEANT MASTOPEXY (Breast Lift), the answer comes down to how much time is everything going to take and how much blood clotting risk are you willing to accept. There is a direct correlation between the likelihood of forming blood clots with the duration of surgery. The risk has been formulated by Dr. Caprini of Chicago and is currently being studied by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for dissemination to its members.

Mommy Make Over procedure are combinations of a tummy procedures (such as Tummy Tuck with / without liposuction) and Breast procedure (Breast augmentation, Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation with lift). It SOUNDS like your are considering having such a procedure. If you are otherwise healthy, of normal weight. are willing to put up with a slightly longer recovery, higher potential risks of blood clotting (for which your surgeon may want to treat you with special blood thinning shots after surgery), there is no other reason rather than Plastic surgeon preference why you should not have all procedures together.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breasts sagging after multiple other procedures??

+1

I can't figure out how doing a tummy tuck, liposuction, and a breast lift at the same time would lead to breast sagging.  I do that combination of surgeries quite often, in fact.  Perhaps the second surgeon isn't comfortable combining procedures. Or maybe you have a lot of liposuction to be done, and he hopes to keep your total surgery time short enough to be safe.  The reason given, though, that a mastopexy will fail when combined with other surgeries, is one with which I disagree.