How Soon Can I Get a Breast Revision? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation 15 weeks ago. I am not satisfied with my results thus far. I think they are too wide and too much upper pole fullness. I am 5'1" 103lbs 26" ribcage & got 250/275cc moderate plus profile. I'm thinking I should have gotten 225/250 high profile instead. When would I be in the clear to get a revision? Are revisions typically more expensive than BA? I have included a picture of the look I was hoping to achieve.

Breast augmentation revision?

+1

Thanks for your photos.  You need to be patient with your recovery.  At this stage, your tissue is still accommodating the implants and the final expansion process has not yet occurred.  Breast augmentation is not an instant "fix",\ and it takes some months of recovery to settle down.  The difference between implant sizes mentioned are almost unnoticeable.    You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, and continue following your post-op instructions.  Best of luck!

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

How Soon Can I Get a Breast Revision?

+1

I would strongly recommend patience. Without seeing pre-op photos and serial post-op photos, it is hard to judge the outcome at this point in time.

• Upper pole fullness--It is quite common for implants placed under the pectoral muscle to look too full in the upper pole for some time. The amount of time varies, but I wouldn't consider an operative intervention for at least six months. In time it is most likely that your appearance will approach the ideal that you posted.
  • Wide breasts--I do not consider these breasts to be too widely placed. The implants really cannot be much closer together than they are. They sit under the pectoral muscles which insert into the breastbone about where the most central part of the breast mound is on these photos. In addition, the implants are already more centrally located than are your breasts, Further central positioning will result in the nipples appearing to be on the side of the breasts.
  • Implant size--25 cc difference is less than two tablespoons--it is unlikely that a change of that magnitude is worthwhile. The difference in width of the implant is 12 mm, less than half an inch, again an amount of change that is very modest, and possibly not noticeable. My worry about an early revision is that you will wind up in the same situation as you are in now. 

Give yourself another 2 months, and review all with your surgeon at that time.

Revision of Breast Augmentation should not occur until evolution of outcome is complete

+1

Hi there-

While I can see the causes for your concern, I would say that the likelihood that what you are seeing is your final breast shape is very low...

In other words, I think it is very likely that the details of your outcome that are concerning to you will significantly improve over the next 2-3 months. I would therefore give it that long before even considering further surgery.

Don't panic. I think you'll be happier with time. And even if you aren't, waiting this longer period will also give your surgeon a better chance of being able to perform a successful revision for you.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Revision Surgery

+1

It really depends on a number of factors. The factors would include what you looked like prior to the procedure,what your goals are, your implant position presently,implant type,route of implant placement,post operative progress to name a few issues.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

High implants at 4 months after surgery.

+1

I would suggest that you revisit this problem with your plastic surgeon to discuss the option of upper pole compression and a good crease supporting bra. 

We have, on occasion, seen this problem persist after surgery. In our practice, we employ a properly placed ace wrap along with a bra that is quite tight in the crease.  This should  improve your overall breast appearance.

This physician supervised technique, in our hands, significantly reduces the need for a surgical revision.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Timing for Breast Augmentation Revision?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after your procedure.
You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will  have concerns about the outcome of surgery.
  You may find,  that with time,  as breast implants fully “settle”  that the resulting breast size/shape  will be more to your liking . You may be able to see this for yourself if you stand in front of a full-length mirror and “pull up on the breast skin and down on the breast implant";  as the breast implant moves into the lower part of the pocket and the nipple/areola move up,  the press shape changes.

I would suggest you wait at least 3 to 6 additional months before you make any decisions regarding the results of your breast augmentation surgery.  This waiting time will allow you to (potentially) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  
If at that point,  you are convinced that are not be happy with the results of the procedure,  you should have peace of mind that revisionary  surgery  is a relatively painless procedure.  You will likely find that (working with your original plastic surgeon) will help keep costs to a minimum as well.
In the meantime, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to discuss your questions and concerns.

No specific time requirements

+1

It is possible that you may have been happier with the smaller HP implants.  At 15 weeks you are starting to stabilize in terms of healing and you will not see a dramatic amount of change over the next few months.  With that said your breasts are still somewhat in the healing phase and they should continue to relax.  As this occurs your upper pole fullness will decrease/improve although your total breast width is likely to remain the same.  There is no right or wrong answer on waiting.  If you feel like your breasts have stabilized and do not want to wait longer a breast revision at this time is reasonable.  A breast revision by another plastic surgeon will likely cost the same as your breast augmentation.  Your previous plastic surgeon will likely perform the revision for a significantly reduced or exempt surgeons fee.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Revisionary breast surgery

+1

Hi,

My advice is to give it a bit more time. Trust me, you will achieve the slope you desire with more time. Do not be in a big hurry for them to descend. Remember, gravity always wins! Once desired slope is achieved, I highly suggest you wear a strong support bra to minimize future sagging.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

More information needed

+1

Your issue is difficult to asses without more information:

1. Are your implants mobile or are they exhibiting early signs of capsular contracture?

2. Your pre-operative breast anatomy.  Were the lower breast poles constricted?

3. Your pre-operative breast base diameter to determine the profile of implant to be used.

4. Did your surgeon use a bi-planar technique with muscle release? (I'm assuming your are submuscular)

In any event, I would wait at least 6 months and perhaps longer depending on the answers to the quesions above.  If your sugeon feels you may be exhibiting early capsular contracture you may want to start vitamin E and ask your doctor about Acculate.

Be a little more patient and stick with your original surgeon.  Unfortunately, implants can have a mind of their own even in the best hands.  

Lawrence W. Shaw, MD
Arizona Plastic Surgeon

How Soon Can I Get a Breast Revision?

+1

In my opinion based upon the posted photos I would have used a HP implant. You also need a more inferior pole dissection so the implant can drop only a 1 cm at most. Best of luck.