Breast Revision on Petite Frame to Go Larger, Is 500cc A Good Size? (photo)

I currently have 300cc moderate profile saline implants. I am 5'2' tall & 96 lbs.I have had one child since my augmentation 5 years ago & want to fill out the sagging skin from breast feeding,have more fullness on top, more projection, & closer cleavage, if possible.I have had 3 different surgeon's opinions. I would like 475-500cc high profile silicone gel implants. The surgeon I want to go to said that 500cc would be startling & stunning,but not look like a circus act.Looking for more opinions.

What about 500 ml breast implants for me?

+2

Even more important than the volume of your implants is the width, or diameter.  Your nipples are lateralized, ribs facing forward, slightly depressed lower sternum, very lean build.  500 cc high profile gel probably OK, will be a D or DD cup.  Expect implant edge visibility and/or palpability.  Inner (medial) edge of implants should come closer to your midline than current implants to decrease inter mammary distance to about one inch.

Implant size questions

+2

Your breast appearance is not unusual for a woman who had a pregnancy following breast augmentation.  Your condition is termed pseudoglandular ptois.  This condition is characterized by breast tissue that hangs off of the implant. There is basically a mismatch between the center of the implant and the center of your breasts.   A larger implant along with a release or removal of the inferior portion of the implant capsule will help improve your overall shape.   As for the size of implant best for you, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to determine this based on your tissue characteristics and individual anatomy.  

Going to larger breast implants on a small frame

+2

One key question to answer is: how do you look in clothes?  If when you have on a non-padded bra you are happy with your proportions then there would be no need to increase the size of the implants substantially.  Certainly a revision would provide you with a better shape overall (the implants are too high and too far apart).  I would prefer a gel implant, moderate plus profile, in the 400-425 cc range (gel implants are softer and so look smaller than saline implants).  If your shape is not perfect after everything settles (3-5 mos) you might consider a lift, but I doubt that will be necessary.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Not that large...

+1

If you go much larger you will probably need a lift. 500 cc sounds a bit large.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

300cc implants probably big enough on 98lb frame

+1

while i do think it may be possible to improve your present appearance, changing to 500cc implants would NOT be on my list of possible manuevers to accomplish this. implants of that size in someone like you is "pushing  the envelope" of the procedure and unacceptably risky (in my opinion)  with respect to potential complications, especially in the long term. find someone with a little more conservative inclinations......

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Bigger Breast Implants

+1

Hello Angelmomma,

You can't fill out sagging breast skin with breast implants. If you look at your appearance now with 300 cc, you already have too much implant above the nipple.  Switching to a larger implant, regardless of profile, will make matters worse, not better.  Furthermore, I will argue that your current 300 cc implants, which appear contracted by the way, are just about the limit that your body's anatomy would dictate.  Switching to larger implants would require lifting your very thin tissues off of your ribs and sternum, and it would be the only covering for these implants.  This puts you at risk for severe rippling, unpredictable tissue stetch, and the double bubble phenomenon. If you want to improve the aesthetics of your breasts, you will need to have a breast lift.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What is the best size?

+1

Your doctor should be able to help you visualize what you desire using homemade sizers made from rice and knee-hi nylon stockings.  If you truly desire the look of what 500 cc's would do for you, go for it and accept the concerns voiced earlier about potential for stretching your skin excessively.  I have not really seen that happen in my practice and have only heard about it from others.  The larger implant will help diminish your  intermammary distance and add more fullness laterally.

Your implants are excessively high and you appear to have a mild contracture contributing to this.  You may consider revising your pocket at your surgery as well and should discuss this with your doctor.

If you are conservative and do not like to take chances, then stay with smaller sizes to avoid the potential long term risks. 

Gel implant would be suggested if you are experiencing issues with rippling or palpability.  And if you go with larger sizes, the gel would definitely be less palpable but realize the temperature changes very slowly.  Discuss your concerns thoroughly with your doctor and they should be able to address all of them adequately.  Best wishes!

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast implant revision

+1

It is difficult to say without an exam in person but you do look llik you have very thin coverage over our implant.  Your implants look a bit high or your nipples look a bit low and may need a lift.

Petite frame and going larger

+1

Your present implants are too high and the breast cover is thin. A slightly fuller moderate profile silicone gel implant, better postioned might be very attractive. A very large and round, thinly covered high profile implant might be startling. Be sure to show your surgeon an example of what you expect or prepare to be stunned.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Current implants too high, large implant ok

+1

Based on your photographs, your current breast implants are too high. 500 cc would be a large implant for your body frame, but would narrow your breast gap and improve the shape of your breasts. It really depends on what cup size you ultimately would like to be. Good luck.

Donna Rich, MD