Breast Revision Nightmare (450 Cc, Silicone, Constant Pain, Still Have Symmastia/bottoming Out)

Had breast revision a month ago to correct mild symmastia, and bottom and middle bottoming out. I went to the "best" breast doctor (according to other doctors), and my results are a nightmare. Paid $15,000, and right after the surgery I could see the problems he left me with. He has not said yet he will correct the problems. Please advise on what should be done. He used alloderm/stattice and now I have a raised area that he's not telling me what it is.

Symmastia?

+1

Sorry to hear about your issues This does not appear to be symmastia.  The implants do look large for your chest wall.  Unfortunately solving the issues you have mentioned is not easy.  You need to have a frank conversation with your plastic surgeon.  Also, it's been 1 month so waiting for more healing to occur is reasonable.  Good luck

Correcting malposition begins with the implants.

+1

Although you mention 450cc implants, you do not mention the projection. Malposition of implants often begins with choosing the correct width for the breast anatomy. Although I do not appreciate a true symmastia from your photographs, the implants do appear too wide for your breasts. Also, the left breast nipple to fold is too long and asymmetric from the right. Options to correct the breast appearance (assuming you like the volume) include increasing the profile of the implant to narrow the base (perhaps even using a Natrelle Style 45), a site change for the pocket to either submuscular (or neosubpectoral pocket if already submuscular), and revision lift on the left. Strattice is excellent when used to camouflage rippling, define pocket space, or to correct contracture. However, it is not a magical solution, but simply a nice tool to achieve certain contour goals. I recommend working with your surgeon to find a solution to these issues. Remember that it is best to allow the breast to heal prior to performing any additional corrections so that the end results are more predictable.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Post aug

+1

This is a tough problem to slove.the dermal matrix is great for rippling and I would give it a little time.When you bend over and you see rippling  and this is due to a lack of soft tissue.One thing to consider is fat/stem cell injections with PRP to augment the soft tissues.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Revision

+1

It does appear that you still have some mild symmastia as well as asymetry.  The key is not what is put in the breast. Consider Alloderm or Strattice to be a tool that the surgeon uses to shape the breast. The key is your surgeon altering dynamic forces and structures within the breast to create harmony and a beautiful look.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia after breast augmentation

+1

It appears that you still have some degree of symmastia after your surgery, even though ADM (acellualr dermal matrix) was used-Strattice or Alloderm. Usually using this synthetic skin helps to keep the implants separated and corrects the symmastia. You may want to seek a second opinion if you are not satisfied with your surgeon's explanation or the current appearance of your breasts. You may also consider decreasing the size of your implants (450cc) which may be contributing to the current condition.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD