Can I Get a Breast Revision to Minimize the Gap and Achieve Full Cleavage? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation last January with 330cc. I had almost nothing pre-op - maybe a 34AA. I'm developing a capsular contracture in my right breast and definitely need to undergo surgery to fix this issue but I'm wondering if its possible for me to minimize this wide gap between my breasts right away. I'm really unhappy with the gap. Is there much risk if I was to get the pocket readjusted to bring them closer together? Is it possible for me to achieve full cleavage - if so, how?

Implant Revision with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

There is a new technique called Implant Revision with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue and reposition the areolas more medial. At the same time, your implants can be placed retro-pectoral and the pocket dissected more to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Addressing a wide gap between the breasts

+1

You have widely spaced breasts.  When you look at the pre-op pictures you provided, you can see that you have always have widely spaced breasts, it is just more noticeable now that your breasts are larger.  This is just how you are made and it is difficult to correct.  Unfortunately, if we try to move the breast pocket more centrally on your chest, we run the risk of creating a "unaboob," or synmastia.  A better way to address the issue is with fat grafting to the upper and middle parts of your breasts.  I am concerned, though, that you may not have enough fat to harvest given your slim build.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Can I Get a Breast Revision to Minimize the Gap and Achieve Full Cleavage?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. There is certainly a limit as to how close your breast implants can be placed to one another in order to achieve more cleavage. Certainly by increasing breast implant size and adjustment of the breast implant pockets, some improvement can be achieved however.  Remember as your considering  revisionary breast surgery, that the nipple/areola complexes should always be centered on the breast mounds.

I would suggest that you communicate goals clearly with your plastic surgeon; the goal picture you have posted may not be realistic given your natural anatomy.

+1

You will not achieve full cleavage as your breasts are very far apart with a large gap in between. You can see that if the implants are moved medially to achieve more cleavage, your nipples will point outward even further. The only thing to do for minimal improvement is going with a larger implant or some fat grafting to the medial breast.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Gap between breasts

+1

Placing a gel implant just behind the breast, not muscle, will usually give the more natural look and less of a gap. With time, the gap may widen with implants behind the muscle.  Also, placing fat grafts in the superior aspect of the breasts, and even medially, will also help correct the gap. You do, however, naturally, have a wide gap between your breasts. Using the dermal graft products, like Alloderm, may also help decrease the capsular contraction rate. I would suggest discussing your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon