Breast Revision with Lift? (photo)

I am 4 days post of from a breast revision with a lift. Went from style15 397cc to style20 325cc. I am having a lot of swelling next to my breast in my rib area. Feels tight and when I move feels like something is tugging. Could there be a possible infection? I'm on antibiotics as well.

Strange sensations common after breast surgery.

+1

The photograph doesn't demonstrate anything that appears to be particularly alarming. Nevertheless, you should check with your plastic surgeon.

Acute recovery periods

+1

should ALWAYS be managed by your surgeon as they know best what was done and if there were any difficulties encountered in your surgery.  People can speculate here all they want but nothing will beat seeing your surgeon face to face.  I hope you have picked up your phone and contacted him/her by now.

Curtis Wong, MD

Concerns about breast infection

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I do not see any significant evidence of infection from your photos.  The swelling that you are showing in your photos can be a result of the breast lift procedure and or the tape that is currently present.  Infection would present as redness, swelling, and pain often.  If you have concerns about infection you may want to see your plastic surgeon earlier than your scheduled follow up.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Concerns After Breast Revision with Lift?

+1

Best to have this area of swelling checked  by your plastic surgeon;  I would be concerned about a fluid accumulation (blood versus seroma)  as opposed to an infectious complication.

Postoperative swelling hard to put a finger on

+1

Thanks for your ? and pic. I can't tell from the picture alone whether the swelling is excessive or just expected. You would feel much better if the surgeon or his nurse laid eyes on you. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Swelling after breast surgery

+1

You should see your surgeon right away.  It looks to me like you may some excess bleeding in the implant pocket on the right side which may require treatment.  And this forum is really not a good place for advice just a few days after surgery.  Call your surgeon!

Lisa L. Sowder, MD