Breast Revision/Lift for Asymmetry - Still Uneven. Should I Pay for Revision 3 Mo Post-op?

I originally had breast augmentation to correct asymmetry 14 yrs ago.Remained cup size different size/shape.After having a family decided to try again.I am now 3mo post op implant replacement/lift.PS placed 100cc silicone HP left(larger side)&250cc sil rnd rght. Love lift, but still uneven by approx 70cc in his opinion,left nipple points left. After resisting any revision, I was told he could remove the left implant,but not move nipple,add cost $1000.local.Rev/lift $10,000.Any advice on removal?

Breast Revision/lift for Asymmetry-Wait 6 Months

+4

Thank you for your question. I agree with other doctors that you will not know final appearance until at least 6 months.

You are very close to symmetrical and in fact most women naturally have this much asymmetry.

I would think long and hard about a third surgery. After the larger side falls it will appear more rounded at the bottom and possibly smaller.

Revision of breast lift

+2

It is still too soon to know your final result.  You should wait until 6-9 months to be certain what your result actually is.  At that point, going to another doctor will cost a lot as you are a new patient to them.  Your own doctor may have some charges to cover his/her expenses but that's entirely up to their discretion and practice policy.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Fees for revision

+1
I would not assess the results until at least 6 months post op. At that time, your surgeon and you are in a better position to understand if the correction is worthwhile, and what type of correction you would need. I

Each office has different financial guidelines. It appears that you are generally happy so you should trust your surgeon to guide you properly and fairly.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

+1
Your plastic surgeon has done a nice job. While there are some subtle differences, I would be hard pressed to return to the OR for revision. I agree with Dr. Seckel.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after a breast lift

+1

Symmetry is the curse of plastic surgery and even though the same operation is done on both sides they frequently heal like they are on two different people. You appear to have some nice improvement as you progress and it is possible that this will continue. You are at the 10  month period and it may be time for a reassessment and possible revision to center the nipple over the implant  and revise the mastopexy.  Possibly converting to a vertical type.

Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy Revision and Costs?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

the breast asymmetry you are referring to is visible in the picture. It is likely that revision surgery will be helpful. The costs associated with this procedure will depend on your plastic surgeon's  office policy in this regard.

Generally, patients should understand that despite best efforts,  surgical results are not always ideal.  Less than perfect results does not mean the surgery "wasn't done correctly”.

IF you were my relative I would say: "Stop"

+1

Although there is some asymmetry, it is relatively modest and within normal. A revision will risk the potential of overcorrection or undercorrection as well as all the other associated risks of any other surgery. I beleive you have an excellent result and personally do not believe the risks outweigh the benefits. Stop while your are ahead unless you are truyly unhappy

Should revision of breasts be done?

+1

Your photos are helpful, thank you.  At 3 months post op, you are too early in the healing process to see a final result.  You should wait up to 9 months to see the  final result.  That said, your photos show very minor asymmetry, and no one has perfectly symmetric breasts and they can not be created.  Your doctor knows exactly what was done at surgery, so keeping this relationship strong is a good idea.  Revision policys may be negotiable, so inquire about this.  If you chose another doctor at this point, you are a new patient to them and any revisional surgery would likely be more expensive.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Revision, again?

+1

Nobody has completely symmetric breasts or nipples---nobody.  Your breasts are not terribly asymmetric at all, nor is your right (left, in the photo) nipple "pointing out" much at all.  Revisions can be done, of course, but you cannot expect perfection.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Breast Revision

+1

Honestly a lot of things can be done but the real question is should they be done.  There some minor differences in the breasts that a plastic surgeon or you can see but the casual observer would not notice.  I would leave well enough alone.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS