Breast Revision Advice for Asymmetry After Previous Augmentation then Kids

My original aug was 14 yrs ago to correct asymmetry. B on right C on left. Shaped different. Given saline 275cc on the right and 225cc on the left. I have a similar problem on a much larger size level. I believe I am a D cup but can't wear anything but a sports bra without bulging out on the left side. Now 2 kids later I'm looking into a revision and would love to hear any advice or ideas on what type of revision should be done. I know for sure I want to be smaller. C in both.

Breast implant removal and breast lift for oversized sagging breasts

+1

Given the current size of your breasts and relatively modest size of your implants, I would suggest implant removal and mastopexy. This carries a risk of losing blood supply and/or sensation to the nipple and some surgeons prefer to perform the surgery in two stages.

Breast Revision

+1

Hi there-

It would be very difficult to say for sure what I might recommend without first consulting with you to discuss goals and perform an examination...

From the information provided, and depending on your exact goals, you may benefit from implant removal with breast lift (with reduction of the larger side) with or without a smaller implant.

Your best bet is to find a surgeon you like and can trust and visit for a consultation.

Here is some advice on how to do so:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Revision breast surgery

+1

It sounds like you  may be better off with a simple breast lift with a possible reduction on the larger breast if they are not equal.  Without examining you it would be difficult to tell.

Breast lift and breast implants good for breast asymmetry.

+1

Hi.

Of course, cannot be specific without seeing you.  You probably need a lollipop scar breast lift on both sides, and smaller, different sized breast implants for each breast.  You may not even need an implant in your larger breast.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast asymmetry correction often requires both lift and implants

+1

It sounds like you need to have the breast possible reduced and both breast lifted.  The implants will effectively change the volume but will rarely help the appearance adequately.  The only way to effectively achieve symmetry is to be sure that the nipple areolar complex is symmetric both from side to side and from the distance to the inframammary crease and midline.  

I more often than not will encorporate a wise pattern lift with the implantation.  You can take a look at my website and see several asymmetry patients who have done very well under "augmentation mastopexy".  You may need to have the implants removed and the breast reduced. This is the same scar as the mastopexy.  Whether the implants stay in or are changed in size or removed in order to achieve symmetry, you should be able to get a nicely symmetric breast with a doctor who understands how to create this.

Best of luck!!

Kimberley O'Sullivan, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants after pregnancy

+1

This is so hard to answer without an examination, especially in the setting of having had two children.  Pregnancy will frequently result in volume loss, so you may have extra skin that needs to be removed at the same time as an implant exchange.  If you can see your original surgeon, that's a great place to start since he or she will know your anatomy and have all of the implant information at hand.  If not, see a board-certified surgeon in your area.  Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS