Breast Resection? Saline, Submuscular?

saline implants submusc. 400 ccs. I am a 32a an would like to be a full c planning the areola incision I do have some asymmetry about an inch difference and my surgeon said I could have that larger breast resected or I could just fill the implant more on one side He says it would be more precise with the resection im scared of my own tissue being removed I am 23 and planning to breast food sometimes later so my question was will it horribly noticeable if I don't get the resection?

Correct asymmetry with Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

At size 32 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you would like to be a full C you would need approximately 200 cc implants and not 400 cc implants.  I recommend silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  Since you have areola asymmetry, I recommend augmentation through a circumareola approach.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift, which will allow repositioning of your areolas and reshaping your breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness and cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant high on the chest wall over the bony prominence will give you the maximum projection with a minimal size implant.  The best way to correct asymmetry would be to use different size implants, not resect breast tissue.  You may be an excellent candidate for this new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1

It is hard to say much without photographs. Unless the size difference is significantly different I would leave it alone

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Resection? Saline, Submuscular?

+1

It is very difficult to give advice without a photograph

An option to consider for asymmetry is the adjustable implant

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry Common

+1
Breast asymmetry is very common. Tissue resection during augmenation is very uncommon.  The areolar incision has a higher risk of altered nipple sensation, capsular contractiure and implant contamination, especially if resection performed at same time.  For peace of mind, seek a second opinion..  All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Dealing With Breast Asymmetry in Augmentation

+1

I have never resected any tissue when doing a breast augmentation in order to make the two sides symmetric. This is because I believe you need all the breast tissue you have in order to hide the implant and because the breast tissue atrophies over time after a beast enlargement. I, therefore, simply use a larger implant on the smaller side. This usually corrects the asymmetry quite well. You did not, however, say what the 1 inch difference represents and you gave us no picture to really judge your problem. If the inch is projection of the breast, then use of different sized implants will probably solve your problem. If the inch is height of the nipple on the chest, then you will need a mastopexy (breast lift). This involves removal of skin (but not breast tissue) in order to move the nipple to the same height as the other one. That is assuming that it is at the correct position. If it, too, is low, then both breasts will need a lift. You need to discuss again your situation and exactly what was meant by "resection."

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

If you are worried about the surgeon removing tissue, then just have different implants placed on each side.

Uncertainty about breast augmentation

+1

As noted, it would be nice to see photos. The range of options would be from more fill in same sized implants to different sized implants to breast lifts if they are needed as well. Best of luck to you. 

James E. Chappell, MD

Breast Augmentation and Asymmetry

+1

For asymmetric volumes, adding volume to an extent is usually the better idea.   If adding more volume is appropriate, I usually perform this in transumbilical fashion to avoid scars on the breast, decrease the likelihood of sensation changes, and not invade breast tissue (breast feeding will be unchanged).  If you need some type of a lift at the same time, it makes sense to do this through the areola. 

Breast Resection? Saline, Submuscular?

+1

It is near impossible to give useful advice without some photos. Please consider posting some. Please also explain what measurement is an inch different. 

In terms of managing the asymmetry, if both sides are going to be enlarged, it usually makes more sense to  use differential implant sizes rather than removing breast tissue.

Thanks for your question, all the best.