Breast Keep Relaxing After Breast Augmentation and Lift What Can I Do Please?

I had a breast augmentation and lift and had 250cc implants my rt and lt breast both relaxed but rt more, then Dr did a mastyplasy lift and after this my rt still relaxed more. The Dr. now states that a lift will not help and is recomending a change in implant to 500cc and in front of muscle instead of behind is there no other option?My fear is a bigger implant size will cause them to drop more!!I am a 36D right now with 250cc behind muscle. I am 5 foot with 123lbs.I want them eaqual.

Lift your right breast again

+2

Correct the breast that is problematic and leave the other alone. Resist the temptation to go larger or subglandular. An exam might change my opinion but that is how it looks based on images alone.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

+2

Hi!

Upon viewing your pictures, there is a clear assymetry as a result of
your augmentation. I would highly recommend seeking a different board
certified plastic surgeon who has much experience with breast
augmentations and lifts. Revisional surgery will most likely be
needed.

Good luck!

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Yes, have them lifted again

+2

You have a very poor result from your initial surgery.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgery

for another opinion.  I would recommend a small reduction on the right and a lift for both sides.

This will actually make you smaller by tightening the skin and putting the breast tissue into a smaller

package.  I think you would need a little bit larger implant to make up for this decrease in size.  Also,

some type of skin graft, whether your own skin or a biological skin graft will help hold you up.  You will

need to wear a bra almost continuously for 6 weeks before submitting your breasts to gravity.

Hopefully you have strong thick skin.  Many times breast skin is stretched with weight gain and/or

pregnancy. Also remember that too much  of a larger the implant  will weight down your breast

causing them to sag again.  Mastopexy with an implant can be a difficult procedure.  Be sure your

surgeon has experience with that operation.  Good luck.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Breast Keep Relaxing After Breast Aug & Lift What Can I Do?Answr:

+2

This is a complex problem but I would not just go to a bigger implant. You may in fact need a re-do of your lift, more tissue taken out to tighten up your breast, and possible Strattice to help hold your implant up against gravity, or possibly your muscle or capsule sutured down as well. But it sounds like you need another surgeon who can go through all of those options with you!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+2

You are right, he is not. See another doctor who is well trained in correcting this type of problem. It will be worth the extra espense to get it fixed to your satisfaction.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+2

Looks like you need a new boarded PS to redo the lift and order increase size of implant. Sorry for the issues

You need breast lift.

+2

You have excess skin and asymmetry. The best treatment would be revision of the mastopexy and may be larger implant if you would like to be bigger. The problem with going to large implant is further sagging due to the implant weight.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is obvious in the picture;  It is also clear that the right breast is more ptotic ( drooping)  and the left and would benefit from further breast lifting surgery.  This will help to improve your symmetry. Whether or not you use larger implants will depend on your size goals.

I would not suggest replacing  breast implants into the sub glandular position as you will lose many of the advantages of the sub muscular or dual plane position. The concerns regarding the weight of a heavier implant on the breast skin and tissues are legitimate concerns.

Please make sure you're working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon;  a second opinion may be indicated at some point.

Breast Keep Relaxing After Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

Something does not seem right here. Certainly there is always some relaxation that may occur after a breast lift, but I have never seen this lower a nipple that was placed symmetrically...it usually stretches the bottom of the breast below the nipple and the nipple stays relatively in place.  You are correct: placing a large and heavy implant ON TOP of the muscle will give you a GREATER risk of stretching over time. I would recommend getting another opinion from a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Robert M. Grenley, MD