Second Breast Reduction after 27 Years, is This Possible?

Hi, I had breast reduction 27 years ago at age 28. I am now 55 yrs. My breast do not sag that much but I am a D-cup. I would like to go down to a B-cup as I am not that tall (5'2""). The first thing people see in me are my large breasts. I do not feel comfortable and I would really like to have smaller breast. I am experincing neck and back problems. Is this feasable?

Repeat Breast Reduction Possible?

+1

Your  experience is not that unusual.  You may be a candidate for repeat breast reduction surgery.  

If you do decide to undergo repeat breast reduction surgery,  it will be very helpful to your plastic surgeon (if at all possibe),  to review the previous operative report. The concern with repeat breast reduction surgery is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue;  if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola)  may be compromised.   Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue.   Must be taken during repeat breast reduction surgery to avoid cutting the  pedicle that is responsible for “delivering” blood flow to the nipple/areola complexes.  If this does occur,  tissue necrosis may result.

Breast reduction redo

+1

It is certainly possible to undergo a revision breast reduction 27 years after that first. It is always nice to know what technique was used if you possibly now. Good luck.

Yes you can have a breast reduction again

+1
It is possible and not unusual to get a second breast reduction.  However, if you haven't gained weight and saggy breasts are your problem, you may be really looking for a breast lift only?
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC
Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Secondary Breast Reduction

+1

Yes, while most people only require one breast reduction, it is possible to have another - especially if many years have past and your breast have grown or changed or you decide to go even smaller than the original operation.  The best option is to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD