Am I A Good Candidate FOr Breast Reduction, C Cup - A Cup (19 Yrs Old) (photo)

Hello, I have been thinking about getting a breast reduction for a long time now. I am only 4ft8 inches tall and only weigh 100 pounds, i am a size c cup, so if you can picture that you know that it doesnt match. im so tiny and i have large breast, i also walk awkward due to how heavy my breast are and i cant sleep on my stomach anymore. is this a medical condition? and can my insurence cover this. i dont even leave my house anymore cuz its so uncomfortable. i want a small a cup.

Breast reduction scars and breast reduction insurance coverage

+1

Thanks Daniel for your question.

Breast reduction can be covered by insurance if there is adequate amount of tissue removed.

When only a small amount of breast tissue is removed as in your case, then it would not be covered by insurance.

If the breast tissue and skin elasticity is appropriate, then liposuction can help with reduction of the breast volume without the need for extensive scarring.

Hope this helps,

Ali Sajjadian, MD

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although I can understand your concerns about your breasts being too large for your frame, I am concerned about your inability to “leave your house anymore”.  This does seem somewhat extreme and raise the question of whether you may benefit from some form of professional counseling before seeking plastic surgical consultation.

If, after this counseling, you still feel that your breasts are out of proportion/large compared to the remainder of your torso, then in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons may be indicated.

It is however unlikely that health insurances  will consider your rest reduction “medically necessary”.

Breast reduction

+1

You do not appear to be a typical candidate for a breast reduction.  Look at some websites of plastic surgeons and you will see there is quite a difference between the size of your breasts and those of  most women seeking breast reduction surgery.m Inreallybdoubt that insurance would pay for the surgery in your case since your greats are not overly large.  It is also unlikely that your breasts are creating the physical problems of which you complain.  if you did want breast reduction, the good news is that it looks like your would do well with breast reduction by liposuction, making it a simpler procedure, with an easier recovery and only a few tiny incisions.  Howver, even though the photo you submitted is not great, it looks like you have nicely shaped and proportioned breasts. I advise against surgery.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

If you are unhappy with the size of your breasts you can certainly have a breast reduction to achieve a size that is more comfortable and functional for you.  It is unlikely that insurance will cover this for you, but you can choose to do this without insurace coverage. Although you may opt to change your breast size, this should not be used as a reason for social avoidance.  You may want to get some help from a counselor so that you have insight into what is holding you back.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Breast reduction

+1

More than likely a breast reduction for you would not be covered by insurance. If they are too large for you, they can always be made smaller but an incision would likely be necessary. Sometimes liposuction can be performed if they are not too glandular and you are OK that they  may sag a bit.

Natural C-cup, and you should stay that way

+1

Look at it this way. You are quite young, your breast is full though not large by reduction standards, has a very nice shape. The trade off of a reduction is scar, inability to breast feed, possible lost breast sensation. Take your time, and be careful about reduction, look over photos of those who have needed it to see if you fit that picture.

Breast reduction for C cup

+1
The photo isn't great but many breast augment patients post wanting breasts like yours. I do not perceive them as so large that you should feel uncomfortable leaving the house. If this is the case then I think you need to see a counselor or mental health professional. An A cup would not be indicated and insurance would not cover such a reduction in the absence of documented clinical symptoms and a history of conservative medical management.

Robert L. Kraft, MD