Breast Reduction - Realistic Breast Size

I have size 40 DDD breast. I am 5'6 and 180 lbs. I know I am overweight and have started exercising 5 times a week and completely changed my diet. I have a consultation with a surgeon and was wondering what a realistic breast size would be for me. I was think a med to full C. My goal weight is to be 140 again. I hope to be close to that weight at surgery time. Is that a realistic size for my body with the information I provided above?

Breast Reduction and Cup Size After Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery and the decision to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to the procedure.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast reduction for 40DDD

+1

I think I answered this already but you might want to wait until your weight is stable.  Certainly a "C" or a "D" is obtainable.

Wait until weight is stable prior to proceeding with breast reduction

+1

I would definitely wait until you achieve a stable weight prior to recommending a certain volume reduction.

Web reference: http://bodysculptor.com/reduction.html