Should I Consider a Breast Reduction Now or Later?

Age 21, I am 160 pounds healthy athletic girl with 38DD breast that are already starting to sag and have minor lower back issues. Since I already work out and on a healthy diet with no effect on my "girls" should I consider a breast reduction? I have researched it and its mostly for women that have already had kids or having very bad neck and back pains. I would like to do it anyways so i don't feel like i'm already having these drooping breasts in 5 years.

The happiest group of ladies in a plastic surgeon's office are going........SMALLER!!

+1

Agreed, if your present concerns/problems/desires are sufficient to motivate you to reduce the size of your breasts, then there is no time like the present.

The improved quality of life that accompanies reducing the size of excessively large breasts cannot be overstated.  One of my more recent surgical patients told me after her breast reduction, "I now feel like a bird that can fly".

I'd strongly suggest you search out a member of the Utah Plastic Surgery Society to discuss your concerns.  I just finished my term as President of the Society and can assure you that we have many qualified members that can help answer your questions through a one on one personal consultation.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgery.org/reconstructive-procedures/breast-reduction.html

Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction now or later?

+1

Hi Kimmykitty.  I never recommend elective surgery based on what may happen in the future.   If you are mostly happy now, then you should not endure the discomfort, expense and inconvenience of an operation.  In addition, you may feel that the trade-offs of a breast reduction (breast scars, possible changes in breast or nipple sensation, or possible interference with breast feeding) do not justify the benefits of the operation. When (and if) you become dissatisfied with you body proportions, or begin to suffer the symptoms of macromastia, then you should consider a breast reduction.  Make sure you see an experienced plastic surgeon.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

When to have surgery

+1

If you are tired of carrying around your "bowling balls", I would suggest going ahead with the surgery. Only you know how much discomfort your breasts are, and how much they get in the way.  Most older women I have done regret they did not do the surgery early in life.  You might want to discuss the surgery with a plastic surgeon. Just liposuction of the breasts may not be a good option for you.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon