Breast Reduction Age 25, Disproportionately Large For My Frame?

Hi! I'm 25 and my breasts are disproportionately large for my frame. This has been causing me so much back and neck pain ever since I was a kid. I can't take it anymore! The thing is I am a virgin and I was wondering if that matters at all and whether or not there will be a regrowth after the surgery once I have sex. I come from a religiously strict family where I can't even mention of my problem. I think the time has come I do something about this.

+1

The breast reduction sounds like a reasonable option to manage your symptoms, and the breasts should not continue to grow due to sexual activity.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast reductions and lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast reduction result is very long lasting.

+1

Hi.

Your breasts will not grow when you have sex.  It sounds like you will do very well with a breast reduction. It is too bad that you cannot talk to your family, but you don't need their permission!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Regrowth after Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the problems your disproportionately large breasts have caused you. Based on your description you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery;  this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

There is no way to predict exactly what the likelihood of breast “regrowth” will be after breast reduction surgery.  I think that maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen (long term stable weight, without significant fluctuation),  including during pregnancy, will be crucial  in preventing breast regrowth after breast reduction surgery.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Communicate your goals clearly.

Hopefully, once you have described the symptoms you have experienced, your family members will become more supportive and helpful.