Second Breast Reduction?

I had a breast reduction 2 years ago. I had very heavy breasts before and was a size34 ff. my breasts are defiantly not as heavy now but they a still big (34 e). I still feel uncomfortable and out of proportion. Would a second reduction be advisable after only 2 years?

Secondary Breast Reduction

You are not alone. There are times when a second Breast Reduction is indicated. During the first operation, your surgeon may need to stop short of the desired resection due to concerns with your skin or nipple blood supply. It is far better to have this, than issues with delayed healing, or worse. After 2 years, the size has stabilized so that you can begin the process to determine if anotther reduciton is indicated. Good Luck

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Repeat breast reduction

It is certainly possible to re-reduce breasts however there is an increased risk of complications due to the scarring from the previous surgery. If at all possible make sure that your second surgeon has a copy of your operative report from the first surgery. Good luck to you.

Second breast reduction

A second breast reduction is possible. It would be important to get examined and look at the old operative report to know what technqiue was used.

Second Breast Reduction?

Make sure your surgeon review the old operative report, blood supply can be compromised.

If you were happy with the result after the first surgery, consider using the same surgeon.

Good Luck

David Evdokimow, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Repeat Breast Reduction Advisable?

A second breast reduction procedure can certainly be performed,  given your description of discomfort and lack of “proportionality”.

If you do decide to undergo repeat breast reduction surgery,  it will be very helpful to your plastic surgeon (if at all possible),  to review the previous operative report. The concern with repeat breast reduction surgery is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue;  if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola)  may be compromised.   Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue.   Must be taken during repeat breast reduction surgery to avoid cutting the  pedicle that is responsible for “delivering” blood flow to the nipple/areola complexes.  If this does occur,  tissue necrosis may result.

Breast reduction revisio

it is perfectly fine to get a second breast reduction.  If you still feel your breast are too large then you should seek out a plastic surgeon for the repeat procedure.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Second Breast Reduction?

The breasts can be reduced again, and this is not that uncommon.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast reductions and lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA