Breast Reduction, 40D to C Possible? 170LBS, 5'5.

Breast Reduction to "C" Cup Size?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
 Although online consultants will not be able to answer your question about the amount of tissue that should be removed with your breast reduction surgery, some general thoughts may be helpful to you.
I would suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon and make sure that you have realistic expectations prior to proceeding with any type of surgery. In regards to breast size desired, also communicate carefully. In my practice the use of goal pictures are helpful in this regard; a discussion of cup size can be confusing and imprecise.   Therefore, I would not suggest that you communicate your goals and/or base your satisfaction with the outcome of surgery on achieving a specific cup size.

I also find that the use of pictures is more helpful than the words “natural” or "proportionate” etc., which can mean different things to different people.
Many of my patients choose to have enough breast tissue removed to help alleviate symptoms while retaining enough breast tissue to remain proportionate to the remainder of your torso.

Again, preoperative communication will be critical.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

+1

Of course reducing D cup breasts to C is a possibility.  But is seems you have a weight problem and chances are with weight reduction your breasts might self-correct, we have seen this many times.  So, I would recommend trying to lose 20-30 lbs first.

40D to C is a definite possibility

+1

Your goal of achieving a 40D to 40C bra size after a breast reduction is an obtainable goal. Schedule an evaluation with your local plastic surgeon to receive more details about the surgery. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.