Breast Reduction? (photo)

i am 24 years old i am about 5'7 265 lbs and i am a 44 DDD i had two kids i was an F after i had my kids and lost the weight from them. i am looking into getting a breast reduction. is this a good idea with my weight and age?

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. At some point, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Generally, I suggest that patients who are looking for body contouring surgery reach their “long term stable weight” before undergoing the surgery. Achieving this weight prior to surgery will minimize chances that they will require further surgery in the event of future weight loss (and subsequent physical changes).  What this long-term stable weight will be will differ from one patient to another.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Good Candidate for Breast Reduction

+1

Any time breast reduction is considered, the fact that breasts can have a significant amount of fat should be considered as well.  Weight loss, in general,  can have an amazing impact on breast size.  Once at a stable goal weight, breast reduction can be considered.  If a breast reduction is performed prior to weight reduciton, the breasts may become too small or the skin may become too loose.  

Breast Reduction?

+1

Best to lose weight before ANY type of cosmetic surgery, especially a reduction. But there are always exceptions. 

Breast reduction and weight

+1

I think the best thing you can do for yourself would go on a good exercise plan and diet to first lose weight. Then once you get down to a good weight if your breasts are still large, then see someone to be evaluated for a Breast reduction.

Breast reduction

+1

Breast reduction is in the category of body contouring. I recommend patients adopt a healthy, stable lifestyle and achieve the maximum and most sustainable level of fitness prior to contemplating, or certainly undergoing, body contouring surgery. this will ensure to most appropriate, the longest-lasting, and the safest surgery.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.