Am I a Breast Reduction Candidate?

I'm 5'10 and my weight fluctuates between 270-277 and my bra size is a 48 DDD or E (depends on which store I go to.) However I have indention's, my back hurts, my shoulder hurts, and I have dark marks left on my shoulders. What should my breast and bra size be? Will Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield cover something like this? Can I get my OBGYN to write me letters or should I go to another doctor? Thanks!

Breast reduction

+1

While you have significantly larger breasts, you also are very overweight for your height. You may want to lose weight first before undergoing a breast reduction.  Good luck.

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery; it will be in your best interest to drop weight first. Achieving a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing surgery will  decrease the risks associated with surgery and minimize the chances  that additional surgery will be necessary in the event of future weight loss.

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

When dealing with health insurance companies and obtaining coverage for the breast reduction procedure prepare to be persistent. Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we performed.

Best wishes as you reach your goals.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm