Best Breast Reduction Option For Me?

I am a 20 year old female 5'6'' and 136 lbs and interested in getting a breast reduction for uneven breasts. One brest is a 34DD and the other is a 34 D. I would really like to make them even and also smaller because of severe back pain. I was thinking around a B or C cup but I would like it to be covered by my insurance (Tufts Health Plan). I think I have to get 300 grams off for insurance purposes, what size would that leave me with? Is breast liposuction a better option for me?

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description, assuming you are in good health and have achieved a long-term stable weight, breast reduction surgery may be a great operation for you. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations would perform. It may serve to help alleviate neck/ back/shoulder discomfort and will likely improve the symmetry of your breasts as well.

Breast liposuction surgery is not feasible for most patients who wish to undergo breast reduction surgery. Most patients require direct excision of “excess” breast skin, tissue, and adipose tissue. Liposuction surgery however may be used as a tool to improve contour of the breasts and/or remove adipose tissue of the upper chest/infra axillary areas.

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.

Breast reduction

+1

It is unlikely that going from a D to a C cup or even a B cup would meet a 300gm requirement but maybe.  Liposuction may be an option if you have little or no ptosis (droopiness).

Jeffrey Thaxton, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry/34D/DD options for breast reduction

+1

It would be difficult to answer your question without examining you. Certainly breast reduction to a B or C should be possible with improvement of your symmetry.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation to get a better idea of the estimated grams of tissue that would be removed to get you to your goal.

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon