Breast Reduction Candidate? G to C Possible?

I am a 32 G cup. I am 5'1 and weigh 145 lbs. Is it ok to get a breast reduction down to a C cup?

Breast reduction candidate? G to C possible?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question.  It is a safe procedure, in which your plastic surgeon will reduce the amount of breast tissue, reshape your breasts, raise the nipple-areolar complex to its appropriate position (possibly making the size smaller, if needed), and ultimately ameliorate the possible complaints that you do have for the reason that you are having this procedure (e.g., neck/back pain, migraines, rashes/infections, shoulder grooving, etc).

It would be in your best interest to have a mammogram prior to the procedure for screening prior to this procedure, as the architecture imaging of your breast will slightly change afterwards. Well known data exists that having a breast reduction will in fact lower your chance for developing breast cancer, simply because the amount of tissue will be less.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will discuss the procedure with you, examine, and assist you in determining if this is the right procedure for you.  It is difficult to estimate how much tissue will be removed without an examination.  Voice your complaints - your insurance will likely require a detailed description of your history and complaints as well as photo and an estimate of how much tissue will be removed.  You should give a description of the therapies that you have done to ameliorate your complaints thus far.  Any other notes from other physicians is helpful.  It would also behoove you to discuss your issues yourself with your insurance carrier.  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes!

Accurate prediction of bra size after breast reduction is not possible

+1

Hi there-

Without examining you, it would be difficult for me to responsibly say what might or might not be possible for you. Your surgeon is best qualified to establish realistic goals for your surgery with you.

Please understand that no one (even your surgeon) will be able to accurately predict the size your breasts will attain after surgery though.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast reduction

+1

I think you would be a good candiadte for a reduction assuming your overall health is good.You could be a C cup and that would be fine.Your back,neck and shoulders will love you.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction from G to a C

+1

A breast reduction from a "G" cup can be performed and possibly you can get down to a "C" ish cup but more likely a "D" to preserve the viability of the skin flaps and pedicle.

Breast Reduction

+1

A volume reduction is definitely an option for you.  Depending on your anatomy, your PS surgeon will be able to tell you what size they can achieve for you.  Without a physical exam, its impossible to make any recommendations.  Best of luck!

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast reduction candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question. I think you are an excellent candidate for breast reduction. It is possible to go from G to C cup. But keep in mind that breast size does not always correlate with the bra size. 

My advice for you is to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Convey clearly what you want and check their before and after photos. Good luck.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

G To C Breast Reduction

+1

It sounds as if you are are very good candidate for a breast reduction if you in reasonable health.  Reduction to a C cup should be doable.  I agree with Dr. Brzowski that reduction patients are among our happiest patients.

John Whitt, MD

Breast reduction patients are among the happiest patients in a plastic surgeon's office!

+1

I'd recommend you go speak with Sonny Merriman, MD in Valdosta or Walter Erhardt, MD in Albany.  They are both fairly close to you, and I know their reputations to be very good.

Best of luck to you.

Brian Brzowski, MD, FACS

brzowski.com

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction from G to C, is it possible?

+1

Yes, it is possible, you would need to consult with a BC PS to get the exact answer, but it is possible and something that PS often do. Breast Reductions are one of the most rewarding surgeries we as PS perform, results are immediate, recovery is quick and patients are usually very happy. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on the description of your body type, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; It is one of the most patient pleasing operations plastic surgeons perform. 

It will be difficult to predict the exact the cup size you will wear after your surgery ( given that brought cups sizes vary from one bra manufacturer to another).  I highly recommend that you communicate your goals  clearly to your surgeon.  I like to communicate with the help of goal photos.  Show your plastic surgeon examples of breast sizes that you like as well as breasts that are too small or too big. 

My suggestion to most of my patients is to reduce the breasts enough to help alleviate neck back shoulder discomfort while leaving enough breasts tissue in place to maintain proportionality of the upper and lower torso.  The resulting cup size becomes almost irrelevant.