How Long Do I Need To Quit Smoking Cigarettes Before Breast Reduction? (photo)

hi how soon can u do a breast reduction after you have seen your patient can it a week after cause i go see my dr june4th and im really hoping he does it really soon.

Quitting Smoking Reduces Plastic Surgery Complications

+2

There is evidence that stopping smoking 8 or more weeks prior to surgery reduces your risk to almost normal. That includes all forms of nicotine.

Breast Reduction and Smoking?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures, I think you  maybe an  excellent candidate for breast reduction/lifting surgery.  Stopping smoking ASAP will be very important given the degree of breast ptosis and the amount of breast lifting necessary.

In my practice, I would ask that you be nicotine free for at least one month prior to surgery. This recommendation may vary from one practice to another.