During my Breast Reduction Surgeon Had Difficult Time Due To Fibercystic Breast, Should I Be Concerned?

After my breast reduction my doctor said he had a difficult time because my fibercystic breast were like cement. He said it to pathology as he does all tissue and said he saw nothing bad but I'm freaking out. Please help

Breast Reduction and Fibrocystic Breasts?

+1

Congratulations on having had  the breast reduction procedure. It tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

The findings of fibrocystic breasts should not be anxiety provoking;  this is a common finding and does not necessarily mean anything of significance.

I would suggest continued self breast exam and mammography at the appropriate age.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast Reduction - During my Breast Reduction Surgeon Had Difficult Time Due To Fibercystic Breast, Should I Be Concerned

+1

Hi Susu1515,

Some things are worth freaking out over and some are not - and this is one that's not.

Fibrocystic disease is, of course, fairly common.  And doing a breast reduction on someone who has dense breast tissue (for any reason) and/or fibrocystic disease is, in fact, somewhat more "work" than when tissue is a more typical distribution of both fat and breast parenchyma.

But as long a the pathology report came back negative (ie, benign or "normal") and you have no other associated problems, I don't think you need to be overly concerned about this.  You should, of course, stay in contact with your own plastic surgeon.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Fibrocystic disease

+1

Don't freak out.I think almost every woman as she ages, will get fibrocustic disease and since it was sent for path and all was okay,sleep tight.Do self exam and get your scgheduled mammograms and all will be fine.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Fibrocystic Breasts

+1

As long as everything looks okay and the pathology came back benign (good) then there is nothing to worry about.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Fibrocystic disease and breast reduction

+1

It is not uncommon to do a reduction on somebody like you.  As long as your path report was negative and you are healing well, you have nothing to worry about.  Try to relax and all will be better.

Fibrocystic disease not really a disease.

+1

no, don't freak out, nothing to worry about. just do your normal self exam and follow the recommendations of your MD or GYN re: mammograms. 

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon