Possible to Go from a G Cup to a C Cup with Breast Reduction?

Im considering a breast reduction and I was wondering how many grams of tissue should I have removed to go from a g cup to a c. i'm 170 pounds and i'm 5'7.

Breast Reduction And Resulting Cup Size?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we performed. It will likely be in your best interest to reach a long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with the surgery.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Breast reduction cup size

+1

It may be very possible to go down to a "C" cup after a breast reduction but without an exam I could not be sure.

Bra Cup Size is based on many variables and patient preference

+1

Hi there-

Because there is no standardization of bra size manufacture, and because any individual woman's choice of bra size is very arbitrary, it is very difficult to use bra size as an effective means of communicating your goal for surgery or as a means of measuring the outcome....

Your best bet is to find a good surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who you like and feel you can trust, and communicate to them the symptomatic and aesthetic improvements you are hoping to achieve. After a careful examination and evaluation, they will be able to help you understand what might be realistically possible for you.

If you would like some help finding such a surgeon, please read this:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast reduction

+1

About every 150grams is one cup size. You want to be a little more conservative for they do lose volume after the surgery also. You may want to watch a video of me doing a reduction on my site.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Change in breast cup size after breast reduction

+1

I agree with the comments that breast cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

It is possible to get you down to a C-D cup after breast reduction.  However, I think the best breast size for you is the size which is proportional to your body and relieves the symptoms you have from your enlarged breast.  Think of it visually rather than from a number stand point.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Large Breast Reductions

+1

In a word, yes, it is possible to achieve the reduction you mention. However, this can only be said in relative terms. You need to talk with your Plastic Surgeon about your desires. He/she will then take your desires, your body build, and your breast anatomy into account and discuss what is possible. Your final size should meet your desires and match the rest of your body. What actual cup size you turn out to be will depend on what company’s bra you buy. They will all fit differently and you will find that you may be a different size (perhaps from a B to a D or even more) depending on what company you choose. In the end, no matter the size of the bra you buy, you should have a breast that looks great on your body, fits normal clothes well, and does not cause pain in your neck and shoulders.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

G Cup Breast Reduction

+1

It is certainly possible to have your breasts reduced from a G to a C cup.  I agree that you should not become fixated on cup sizes as there is a good deal of variation among manufacturers, etc.  You should seek a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeeon who can discuss the benefits/risks of the procedure with you.

John Whitt, MD

Breast reduction can make breast smaller by 4 cup sizes.

+1

Hi.

1)  Cup sizes are not reliable.  Show your plastic surgeon a picture of what you would like your breasts to look like.

2)  You can certainly go down to the C cup range.  As with everything else in plastic surgery, good judgement and good technique are critical.

3)  For breast reduction is New York City,  we almost always use a lolipop scar.  But since you need a major reduction, you will have the anchor scars.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Expect Scars and a High Chance of Satisfaction with Breast Reduction

+1

Patients in my practice that have very large breasts, such as you describe with a G cup size, are almost universally happy with breast reduction surgery. As others have stated, breast reduction does carry risks and of course a careful evaluation and consultation with a qualified surgeon is critical.

Breast reduction surgery uses incisions into the breast to remove breast tissue, support the breast in a higher position on the chest, and typically raise the nipple position to a higher level. Such surgery always leaves scars (with the exception being that some patients may be able to have a good result by reducing the breast using liposuction only through tiny incisions), and we cannot be sure what the quality of your scars will be before surgery.

In the vast majority of cases in my practice, I am able to limit the incisions such that the scars end up as approximately a "lolly-pop" shape around the nipple and areolar skin and a vertical scar below this on the lower aspect of the breast. Occasionally a more traditional "anchor" shaped scar is needed or even skin grafting of the nipple in extreme cases.

We have many before and after photos of breast surgery patients on our websites (we now have a site, ElegantBreast.com, that is dedicated to breast surgery) and have posted some to realself.com as well.

Hope this helps.

Nick Slenkovich, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

G cup to C cup

+1

Yes it is possible but you should see in person 3 PS in your area to fully discuss your issues and types of reduction options.

From MIAMI Dr. B