Should I Have a Breast Reduction? If So Should I Wait Till I Am 18? Can I Get One Sooner?

I am 15 years old. I am 5'1" and I weigh 130lbs. I am a 34 D and all my bra's are digging into my shoulders and leaving red marks. I am a active teenager and I continuously have neck, back and shoulder pain. I see a ciropractor every few weeks and it helps very little. When I go to ride my horse my breast prevent me riding a lot because it becomes painful almost immediatly. I have a problem with my self- essteem I am easily embarrased at gym class, I refuse to play sports infront of others.

Breast Reduction at Age of 15?

+1

It sounds like  you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.
As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understands that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).
On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).
Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.
Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Breast reductoin

+1

You are probably a bit young to seek bresat reduction, and I would wait until you have rached full adult height and have a regular menses.  Of course, your parents would have to get involved to give you permission to seek potential surgery.

Waiting until 18 for breast reduction

+1

We suggest to hold off on breast reduction until age 18. A good transition is the summer after senior year before you are off to college when you will meet new people and have a new start. The advantage is more time for final breast growth, and more time for emotional growth so you can be certain of what you want.