Breast Reduction Uneven

I had a breast reduction a week ago. My right breast is currently sitting much higher than the other and is harder. I am really worried that this won't drop and even out. Is it normal for the breasts to look like this right after surgery?

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Reduction?

+1

Although some breast asymmetry is to be expected after breast reduction surgery, if you are concerned about significant asymmetry you should follow up with plastic surgeon to express your questions and concerns. Significant asymmetry may be a sign of a complication may need to be treated.

Breast reduction

+1

One week after a breast reduction the breasts are firm and maybe a bit high. You have to give them time to relax and the swelling to dissipate.

Breast reduction postoperative

+1

Nicky,

A week post-op would be too early to know if the situation is temporary (due to swelling) or a permanent issue. I typically recommend to my breast reduction patients to wait 3 to 6 months for the final appearance. This allows for the breast tissue to settle and the edema to resolve.

My primary concern would be that you have developed bleeding into that breast (hematoma). I would highly recommend that you contact your surgeon ASAP to be evaluated as this could be a significant issue that should be addressed.

I wish you the best.

Michael L. Spann, MD
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Unveven breast reduction

+1

You need to see your plastic surgeon asap to be sure you don't have a hematoma causing the problems you have. Only your operating surgeon will know for sure if what you have is unexpected for the surgery that was done.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast reduction asymmetry

+1

It is in your best interest to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. There are many possible causes but I cannot make a definitive diagnosis nor can I advise you of any interevention to improve your situation.

Breasts should look even right after breast reduction.

+1

Hi.

Of course I cannot tell you what's wrong, but something is wrong. You need to see your surgeon right away. You might have a hematoma in your right breast after breast reduction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Post Surgical Breast Reduction Asymmetry

+1

As regards: "Is it normal for the breasts to look like this right after surgery?" Without a photograph it is impossible to answer your question with any specifics.

All breasts, by nature, are asymmetric and while we try and come close to symmetry when we operate on them we rarely are able to make them exactly the same. In most cases, minor asymmetries after surgery largely correct themselves as inflammation resolves. Without seeing just how " much higher than the other " really is, I am afraid I cannot help you further.

You SHOULD be seeking your surgeon out and get his / her opinion.

Dr. P. Aldea