Breast Reduction, Tummy Tuck, Arm Lipo & Brazilian In One Day?

I had a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon recently about having these procedures done. He assured me that it would be safe to have them at once, and that it should not take more than 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Does this sound right? Is it possible to accomplish these surgeries in that amount of time, and is it safe? I know all surgery has risk, but should I consider spreading the procedures out?

Multiple procedures at once

+1

I do not believe that all that surgery can be completed in that short of time.  The surgeon would be rushing through each procedure and in my opinion would possibly compromise the result.  That much sugery generally takes 6-7 hours and the risks are increased with that much time under general anesthesia.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Multiple procedures

+1

To perform al these procedures usually takes longer than 4 hours unless the surgeon is operating with a team of doctors.  They can all be done in one day but it is alot of work and would take a few hours longer.

Multiple procedures safety and outcomes

+1

I don't think all of these procedures can be done in 4-4.5hrs, even if the surgeon has a lot of help. Abdominoplasty, breast reduction and liposuction can be done with the patient in the supine position but Brazilian but lift needs repositioning at least to the lateral side if not full prone position. Harvested fat needs to be processed and very small quantities need to be injected at a time in multiple sites and depths. These procedures done alone have some risks and combining so many is asking for trouble. If you are healthy and if the  procedures are done in a hospital OR with overnight stay, you might get away with it but why take such a risk?   

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Procedures

+1

Just checking, but are you sure the surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?  This sounds like too many procedures to have at one time.  Additionally, if they are saying it will only take 4 to 4.5 hours, then they are not giving enough attention to each procedure.  Is the procedure planned for a hospital/surgicenter or in the doctor's office?  Without seeing pictures or examining you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice and maybe your particular anatomy is conducive to doing these procedure.  However, for the vast majority of patients, it would recommend the breast reduction and tummy tuck on one day and then, after you are well healed, doing the lipo and Brazilian butt lift.  

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

+1

That is quite alot of surgery for one setting as well as many areas in your body! Recovery maybe quite difficult for you! 4 hours for all that is very fast the question is is it safe and are you going to get good results! I would recommend dividing it into two procedures! Good luck

Web reference: Http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon