How Do I Know if Breast Reduction is the Best for Me Right Now?

I am 21 and i am 5'3 and about 160 to 175lbs an is has a somewhat tiny figure and have not yet had children. I have upper back pain an sagging with my breast. I am a 34O in bra size and have been sized with professional's more than once. In addition i am getting a little bit depressed because i have a hard time fitting into clothing & bras. I am always having to get custom made thing to fit. I want to know what would be the best for me an what size would be best. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield

Timing of breast reduction

+1

At a size 34 O and having upper back pain, you will certainly meet criteria for a breast reduction.  There is a new technique which results in breast weight transfer.  Weight transfer is equally important to weight reduction in pain relief.  You need to reduce to a size D or DD so you can buy clothes and bras conveniently.  This can certainly be achieved and your insurance company should cover this.  Breast weight transfer can handle future pregnancies by transferring the additional weight to the underlying muscles.  This technique has no vertical scars, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Breast Size?

+1

Although breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform, timing of the operation will depend on the patient's specific  life circumstances and plans (please see my response to your question regarding breast reduction and pregnancy…)

Most patients,  undergoing breast reduction surgery, wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. ‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Breast reduction

+1

Sounds like a breast reduction may be a good option for you.  It is ahrd to say what size would be best for you without an exam, but i will say that to maintain a nice shape on your frame the tissue flaps have to stay a certain thickness so that the tissues will heal properly. In most case of your size, you are looking at a full C/D rsize.  Good luck.

O cup breast reduction

+1
With your bra size, you are a candidate for breast reduction. The operation will involve free nipple grafting. Post op size is dependent on the anatomy and measurements. You cannot select a size but it will be subject to your preop situation. See a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you can explore your options and who can pre certify the case with your insurance company.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Timing Of Breast Reduction

+1

It sounds as if you are a candidate for a breasr reduction surgery since you are currently wearing a 34O bra and are having back pain.  You should have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can discuss your options with you and can communicate with your insurance carrier.

John Whitt, MD