Will Breasts Get Smaller As Swelling Subsides After Breast Reduction?

I had Breast reduction surgery three weeks ago. I was originally a 40 F and the surgery who perfomed my surgery said that he would make me a small D. I measure currently at a DD. Will my breast continue to reduce as I was told the swelling can take up to 8 weeks post opt.1800 grams total was removed

Breast swelling

Certainly after a breast reduction, the breasts are swollen, and it may take several months for the majority of the swelling to dissipate.

Swellling after breast reduction

Swelling can persist for a minimum of 6-9 months after surgery. Therefore it is difficult to assess the final size unitil that time has transpired.

Breast Reduction and Resulting Cup Size?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

I was suggest that you wait at least 9 months to one year  After surgery to determine your satisfaction with the results;  I would also suggest that you do not base your satisfaction on resulting cup size.

Breast reduction and healing and size

Yes, your breast size should continue to decease even up to a year after the surgery. I would not sleep on your breasts and wear tape over the scars to help with healing. Watch my video.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

There is not much swelling after breast reduction.

Hi.

I am afraid you are probably close to your final size after breast reduction.  But focus on the positive!  It sounds like you have a major reduction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)