Will Breasts Get Smaller As Swelling Subsides After Breast Reduction?

I had Breast reduction surgery three weeks ago. I was originally a 40 F and the surgery who perfomed my surgery said that he would make me a small D. I measure currently at a DD. Will my breast continue to reduce as I was told the swelling can take up to 8 weeks post opt.1800 grams total was removed

Breast swelling

+2

Certainly after a breast reduction, the breasts are swollen, and it may take several months for the majority of the swelling to dissipate.

Swellling after breast reduction

+2

Swelling can persist for a minimum of 6-9 months after surgery. Therefore it is difficult to assess the final size unitil that time has transpired.

There is not much swelling after breast reduction.

+2

Hi.

I am afraid you are probably close to your final size after breast reduction.  But focus on the positive!  It sounds like you have a major reduction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Reduction and Resulting Cup Size?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

I was suggest that you wait at least 9 months to one year  After surgery to determine your satisfaction with the results;  I would also suggest that you do not base your satisfaction on resulting cup size.

Breast reduction and healing and size

+1

Yes, your breast size should continue to decease even up to a year after the surgery. I would not sleep on your breasts and wear tape over the scars to help with healing. Watch my video.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon