Is It Possible to Have Breast Reduction Surgery when U Have Permanent Sutures Around Areola?

I have uneven breasts and had lipo of the bigger breast to reduce its volume five months ago. I have better symmetry, same nipple height but breast still bigger. Considering to have breast reduction surgery after one year. Scars are my secondary concerns. Taking into account that I have permanent sutures around the areola, will this factor have any impact on the future breast reduction that I want? Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question.

Breast Reduction after Previous Areola Permanent Sutures?

+2

No, the permanent suture around the areola should not be a significant issue if you decide to undergo breast reduction surgery. These sutures can be removed during the time of the breast reduction surgery.

Breast reduction after peri-areola sutures

+1

At the time of breast reduction, the peri-areola sutures will be removed as well the surrounding skin.  This will in no way interfere with performing a breast reduction.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon