I Had Breast Reduction Surgery in November of 2009 at the Age of 62, Going from a DD to a Small C?

Was Told 4.5 Lbs. Was Removed. Aside from the birth of my children, nothing has made me happier. I just had my second mammogram since then. While looking online to see if the results had been posted, I read the report of the first post-op mammogram which was done in 2011. Was surprised to read the words "all fat" in the remaining tissue. Wondering if that is possible, and if so, would the need for future screening be unnecessary?

Mammogram after reduction mammoplaty

+1

many breasts have a lot of fat.  You should continue to get mammograms as recommended.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Breast Cancer Screening after Breast Reduction Necessary?

+1

It's nice to hear that you have been very pleased with the results of your breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. I would however suggest that you continue with self breast exam and mammogram screenings,  regardless of what the mammogram report states. For more precise advice, run this question by your primary care physician as well.