Can Breast Reduction Surgery Correct Tuberous Breasts?

im 15 i hate my brests and i have been told that the only way i can fix my breasts is with surgery. i am hesetant to go under the knife because i am so young but also because i dont realy want larger boobs. help??

Tuberous Breast Surgery?

+1

Tuberous breast  anomalies will vary from one patient to another. Therefore, the treatment plan will also differ depending on the physical examination and the civic goals of each patient.

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary.  In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

Again, I would suggest in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with tuberous breasts.

Tuberous breast correction

+1

Tuberous breasts can be corrected or improved by different uplift operations some of which can even be done under a local anesthetic with minimal scars. I also recommend doing this correction if the person wants a breast implant also. If your breasts are lkarge, then it is easier to correct during a breast reduction. Watch my video.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Correction fo Tuberous Breasts

+1

Tuberous breasts can have variation of breast size. If one breast is larger than the other, breast reduction is possible to reduce the size of the larger breast to have asymmetrical breast. Usually when correcting tuberous breast, patients have breast lift and augmentation, to get your desire look. At 15, I wouldn't recommend surgery at such a young age.

Sam Speron, MD

Breast reduction surgery correct tuberous breasts

+1

No Photo very hard to determine if you are even a candidate. But at the age you mention I would not operate upon you. Please go discuss in person with a boared plastic surgeon in your area.

From MIAMI DR. B

Options for tuberous breast correction

+1

At the age of 15, I would not recommend any surgery at this time either. There are a variety of surgical options and recently the use of fat injections has been suggested as a relatively "minimally invasive" technique. However, this is not at all widely practiced.

Breast reduction for tuberous breasts

+1

Tuberous breasts are descriptive and there are many degrees and forms of tuberous breast. If, however, you like the size of your breasts but do not like the shape, then it is a matter of redistributing the volume of the breast tissue. It is not uncommon to have to do a combination of reduction, lift, and augmentation to produce an agreeable shape and size.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Tuberous breasts and breast reduction

+1

Usually tuberous breasts are not that large to require a reduction.  Usually they need to have a series of "moves" in surgery to improve the shape.