Seromas After Breast Reduction

I had breast reduction surgery. I had a bleeder and 2nd sx 12 hours later. Then 1week later had to have 500cc serous fluid drained. 2 days later and feel like fluid is back. Why I am I producing so much fluid or why cant my body absorb it more effeciently?

Abreast Reduction Complications?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after breast reduction surgery.

Seromas do occur and sometimes require several aspirations before they resolve. You will find that there is not necessarily a specific cause for seroma formation.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes for an otherwise uneventful recovery period.

Delayed and recurrent seroma following breast reduction

+1

Seromas can occur for unexplained reasons and may require prolonged treatment or resolve rather spontaneously. In either case they are usually managed by your surgeon. Stay in close contact.

Seroma after Breast Reduction

+1

Your post-op recovery is certainly unusual.  In most cases, patients do not require drainage of fluid after breast reduction.  Some surgeons leave drains in during surgery to collect the fluid if they think there will be excessive drainage.  In most cases, your body can absorb the fluid.  However, once fluid starts to collect, you may need a few drainage in order to get the area to collapse and stop producing the fluid.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Seromas after breast reduction

+1

Sounds like you were not drained with some form of a drain tube. Please advise if yes or no. If you are a "bleeder" than a pre operative blood clotting work up would have been my method of screening you. But for now accept you are fluid retaining and have it addressed each occurrence.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Seroma in Breast

+1

You may very well have a reaccumulation of fluid.  You should  go see your doctor and see if you need the fluid removed again. 

Recurrent seroma after breast reduction

+1

You didn't mention specifics.  You shoud have drains in place to help.

The breast has a lot of blood supply, lymph glands, and tissue that forms fluid.  This happens from time to time.

Good luck.

Scott E. Kasden, MD