Breast Reduction Surgery

I'm considering a breast reduction surgery, but I want to know more about what it involves. Is just fat removed or is it breast tissue? Is skin excised, as well? How long does the procedure take?

Breast reduction

+2

A breast reduction involves the removal of breast tissue, breast fat and skin as well as the repositioning of the nipple to an aesthetic position. What incisions are used, how long the surgery takes and what the recovery is depends on your breast shape and size as well as your surgeon's experience and technique preferences. All of these questions should be answered during a consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction surgery time and technique

+2

Reduction mammaplasty is a big operation involving removal of skin, fat, and glandular tissue. It is usually undertaken to relieve pain in the neck, shoulders, and upper back. The operative time varies depending upon the surgeon and the technique used. I usually require about 3 hours to perform this procedure.

Breast reduction

+2

Breast reduction involves the removal of excess breast tissue and fat and skin that go along with a breast that is too large and causes symptoms because of its weight. A lift is included in a reduction because almost all large breasts are droopy. The surgery takes around 3 hours under general anesthesia and should ONLY be done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (not an oral surgeon as happened in my area!). The results vary widely depending on the sculpting skills of the surgeon so do to one whose photos look excellent.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Breast reduction surgery is the removal of excess breast tissue and skin to alleviate symptoms from large and heavy breasts.  These symptoms are neck and back pain as well as grooving of the shoulders and inframammary intertriginous rashes. The nipple is moved up to a more anatomical position and the breasts are reshaped.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/breast-reduction.html

Breast Reduction Surgery...

+1

During a breast reduction, fat, skin, and breast tissue are removed. The nipple is repositioned and the breast is lifted. The scars typically go around the nipple, straight down, and underneath the breast. The procedure takes anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Procedure?

+1

Breast reduction surgery involves excision of “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and skin. The procedure typically last about 3 hours. The procedure generally “lifts"  and reduces the breasts  at the same time. It is most frequently done to help with chronic neck, back, shoulder discomfort. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast Reduction Surgery...

+1

Breast Reduction is a procedure used to remove excess fat and glandular tissue from the breasts.  Skin is usually removed so there is not an excess after the procedure.  The procedure is meant for women who have large breasts and want to resolve issues such as stretched skin, rashes under breasts, poor posture, and so on.  You can have breast reduction at any age, but most doctors recomment waiting unil you're at least 18 years old.  The surgery usually takes about 4 hours, and you may return to work/school 10-14 days after the procedure.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

A breastreduction usually entails removing some skin, breast and fatty tissue, and then molding the breast tissue and liftng the nipple areola complex as well.

Breast reduction surgery

+1

Breast reduction, also called reduction mammoplasty, is the surgery where excess breast skin and breast tissue are removed.  During the procedure, the remaining breast tissue is rearranged so that you would have perkier, lifted breasts afterwards.  Breast reduction patients are among the happiest patients as they not only get physical relief from back, neck, should pain but they end up with more attractive, perkier breasts.  Depending on the size of breast, breast reduction can take 3-4 hours.  if you are relatively healthy (non-smoker, non-diabetic, non-steroid dependent), the risks for breast reduction is small.  The recovery from breast reduction is not long - you will need to take pain medication about 3-5 days, you should be able to go back to work in a week, you can start light exercise in 2 weeks.

Breast reduction addresses skin, fat, and breast

+1

A breast reduction removes extra skin from the breast, tightens the skin that is left behind, removes extra breast tissue (and associated fat), and lifts the breasts into a new, more youthful position. The technique I use typically leaves only a lollipop scar (not the old anchor scar).  The stitches are under the skin and will dissolve, and there are no drains used.  Recovery is fairly quick, since no muscle or bone is involved--most women are able to drive within a few days of surgery.