Should I Have a Breast Reduction to Stop the Soreness Under my Breast from Sweating?

due to the size of my breasts (40g) i sweat alot under my breasts, because of this they have become very painful from the soreness. they have begun to blister and the sweat glands have begun to block and swell. i would love to have my breasts reduced but have heard many stories of the operation going wrong.

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on the description of your symptoms you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; it tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

The key to achieving your goals is your selection of a well experienced plastic surgeon who can demonstrate a significant experience of achieving successful patient outcomes. Do your due diligence and you will most likely end up with the results you seek.

The Benefits to Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Breast reduction surgery has been performed safely with excellent results for decades. In fact, it is generally acknowledged that breast reduction patients are the happiest patients in plastic surgery!! I think breast reduction patients are so satisfied as not only do they look better, but they feel so much better with the instant relief of the constant neck, shoulder and back pain from the gravitational pull of the breasts on the chest wall. It is always important to find a plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who makes breast reduction surgery a focus of their practice. A surgeon who has performed many breast reductions will be able to create lovely breasts with minimal post-operative complications.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Breast Reduction - Sweating, Risks

+1

Hi leicester in leicester,

It sounds like you would benefit from this surgery.  Breast reduction typically lifts and reduces the breasts, and takes a lot of pressure off all the areas involved - the shoulders, the neck and back, and the area underneath the breasts.  Rashes in that area are termed "intertrigo" and are often a primary indication for the procedure.  So, from that standpoint you may be an excellent candidate.

To find out for sure you should, of course, speak with one or more plastic surgeons near you.  You can find a plastic surgery at surgery dot org, although if you're in leicester england I don't know how many people you'll find on that list.  I would imagine there are comparable lists near you.

Finally, there are risks with all surgical procedures.  Fortunately they are rare and, in general, are relatively minor.  But there are no guarantees, for this or any other surgical procedure.

Although, to keep it in perspective, there are also risks every time you walk across the street, ride in a car, plane or bicycle, and in every aspect of daily life.  If that's any consolation.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Causes of soreness under large breasts

+1

It sounds as if you have a skin rash in the fold underneath the breast, also known as Intertrigo.  In the short run, you can use topical antifungal creams.  A breast reduction is a common procedure with a very low complication rate and exceedingly high patient satisfaction.  It is the only definitive treatment for breast hypertrophy (large breasts) with associated symptoms of neck, back and shoulder pain, rashes in the fold, and grooves from bra straps.  In most cases breast reduction surgery can be done on an outpatient basis.  You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon in order to fully understand your options.

Richard J. Wassermann, MD, MPH
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction to stop the soreness under the breast

+1

The soreness under your breasts (intertrigo) is common in patients with larger breasts and is worse in the hot weather.  A breast reduction would help to eradicate this as well as lifting and rejuvenating the breast, making them easier to manage and helping with other functional problems.  A breast reduction delivers on so many levels which is why it is associated with very high patient satisfaction rates.

Having said that, you are quite right to point out that complications can occur, so you need to make a balanced decision.  I would recommend that you see a fully accredited plastic surgeon for a consultation to go over all of the pros and cons.  You will be able to find a plastic surgeon in your area on the BAPRAS or BAAPS websites.  Good luck.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Rashes under breasts

+1

If you have very large breasts and have problems with rashes, then you may be a candidate for a breast reduction.  An exam would help to determine if you are a candidate.

Breast Reduction and relief of Soreness.

+1

Many patient have good symptomatic relief of neck pain, back pain and improvement of the rash that may develop under the breasts.  Patients many times report being able to do more physical activities and have an overall improved quality of life.  The surgery itself is not very painful with some recovery  but most patients do very well. Your best bet would be to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery to evaluate your particular situation.

Stephen Delia, MD

Breast Reduction Indications

+1

It sounds as if you would be a good candidate for a breast reduction with your symptoms and size (40G).  There is always a possibility of complications with any procedure.  Howver, I find that my reduction patients are among my happiest and over a long career (25+ years) I can probably count on one finger the number of patients who would not do it over given the opportunity.

John Whitt, MD