Good Breast Size After Reduction for Large Frame?

I am about 5 ft 9 in and weigh about 250 lbs, with large frame and more muscle than fat (but not very lean). I want to have a breast reduction because of back problems. I am a 42-44 DDD. I would like to reduce to a full C. Is that a good size for my frame? I would also love to have less sagging and fuller breasts without implants. Is that possible?

Breast reduction is not as simple as picking your desired cup size

+2

It is difficult to determine exactly what size you will be after a breast reduction and there are other factors that may play into this decision.

These include your health and smoking history.

Furthermore, larger reductions have a higher risk of effecting the nerve and blood supply to the nipple and areola.

It is important that you have a full discussion with your surgeon to understand all of these issues when planning your breast reduction.

In regards to the sagging, almost all reductions involve achieve some degree of lifting. More significant sagging (ptosis) will generally require larger and longer incisions.

Breast Size after breast reduction

+1

There is no " ideal” breast size. It is very important to communicate YOUR size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Breast Reduction for a Large Frame

+1

At 250 pounds with a large frame, it may be that a C size breast will appear too small compared to the remainder of your body.    It is also a fact that a 42-44 bra size has a large C cup than a 36 C cup size.    Rather than get fixated on a particular bra size number which can be highly variable, you need to get your surgeon to manipulate your breast to demonstrate to you an estimate of an appropriate size.  You do not want your breast to be so small that your abdomen projects beyond the maximum projection of your breast.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Final bra size after a reduction

+1

Breast reduction is a popular and effective way to remove tissue that may be causing pain and symptoms and contour the shape of your breast. Be sure that you're working with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in breast reduction surgery so that the specialist can review the different surgical options and help you decide which one is best for you and can help you choose a surgery that will balance your frame.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast reduction surgery

+1

For your frame and size breasts, it is a good idea to keep the breasts on the large size.  Especially if you consider losingweight.  A large "C" or small "D" is reasonable.

Breast reduction and cup size decreases

+1

Hi!

1)  A full C cup is a good and reasonable breast reduction aim for a woman like you.  You will look and feel better.

2)  You do not need breast implants.  A well performed breast reduction (shaping the breasts INTERNALLY)  will give you a good shape and will correct sagging.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast reduction results

+1

A breast reduction is exactly what you're looking for! It's difficult to guarantee a cup size after a reduction, but it gives your surgeon an idea of how small you'd like to be. Also, a reduction lifts the nipple and areola. So, the sagginess that you're concerned about will be fixed as well.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Small, medium or large

+1

Final breast size can never be a predictable cup size. What I try to get from the patients if whether they want to be as small as possible, still large, or somewhere in between. Most patients decide on somewhere in between, something appropriate for their body size.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Look at preop and post op photos

+1

You don't want to reduce the breast size too much, so that you look relatively small breasted compared to your height and weight. A C cup would be the minimum I would consider. I like to balance out the patient's shape, so that if you have large hips, I would tend to maintain larger breasts to balance your proportions. At the same time, you would certainly want to reduce the size of the breasts and lift them enough to make a difference ,both functionally and cosmetically. Look at some photos that your physician has of prior patients ,as well as the various websites where photos are maintained, to get a better idea of what to predict.Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that you will end up exactly as was planned.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

2-3 cup sizes down from breast reduction

+1

It is reasonable that your breast reduction will make you a full C/small D cup size. Your plastic surgeon will be able to help you with this based on his exam and measurements. It is important not to get totally focused on cup size, symmetry and an aestheticaly pleasing breast is more important. Best of luck!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS